What to do with video camera when going on rides?

lcmtam86

Been there done that.....
We just got a video camera as an early Christmas present. Where and what to do with it if we all go on rides? Any advice would be helpful.
Thanks,
Tammie

We have a 8 year old Panasonic Compact VHS camcorder that isn't as portable as a lot of newer camcorders. We've taken the camcorder on our last couple of trips to WDW. We have a neck strap so I string it around my neck and just let it hang. If it's a vigorous ride, I might also put it over a shoulder, let it hang to one side and brace it with my arm. If we go on a relatively mild ride, even something like Goofy's Barn Stormer, I still video tape the experience.

Before I attached the strap I always struggled on whether to put the camera back in the backpack or diaper bag, or bring it on the ride. Now with the neck strap, I just keep the camera on me all day.

Hope this helps.:) ;) :bounce:

Depending on the size of your camcorder, ours fits in a fanny pack!
We found one with a little padding and that is what we use, it is leather
so it's also waterproof.

good luck

If you are going to US/IOA they have "free" lockers at the bigger rides. The first hour or so is free (usually enough time ot get through the ride. I wish WDW would do the same thing.

Yes they are planning on Universal/IOA so this is a good thing for them to know. Tammie, what would you do with the water bottle, fanny pack and camera anyways? Wouldnt you do the same with a video camera? I know its more valuable and would need more care.

I found a big bag at AK that was water resistant it was black w/a Sourcer Mickey on it and it works great for hauling all the Camcorder stuff in !! \-/ shaped like this with handles at top that hang from shoulder. $22.00

Some of the best video we have is when DH ran the video camera all during the ride (like Buzz Lightyear, for example!). We also have the whole Test Track ride on film. Obviously, some rides are not conducive to this, but give it a try! I even saw one guy taping his spin on the teacups!!

TAPING THE TEACUPS!!?!?! I'd be sick for sure!:p I've always gotten a kick out of people who video absolutely everything!!! We ran into the same family dozens of times on day at MK....the dad ALWAYS had the video camera attached to his face...I wondered if he got to see anything first-hand or if they had to wait and watch it on their video when they got home!

LOL!

I can't imagine what that video looked like either:p ! DH was starting to get annoying - but we have already watched all the video and wished we had more! Too bad Space mtn/Rocknroller coaster are so dark!

P.S. AKASnowWhite......Don't you have something important to do? What are you doing on these boards???!!!!!:mad: :mad:

Yeah, I do...but Planning my vacation is important too!!! DH tried to ban me from the boards, but he's not here to monitor me right now...hee hee:D

Disnee Dad Says........................................................We brought our camcorder on our last trip, its one you hold in one hand, not too big. We only brought it to the park two days, and used it a lot, rather than bring it all the time. Got the entire Main Street Electrical Parade that Disneyworld stole from Disneyland on our last trip. Also Illuminations, but it didn't come out great, just OK. Also test track. Don't lug it around everywhere, everyday.

Lugging around a camcorder AND a camera all day is cumbersome. But somehow, someway, we always fall under some law of averages and THE day we don't bring the camcorder to the parks is when something happens and you regret not bringing it. It happened to us twice! DD was picked to play "Chip" in Belle's Storytime, and she also got pulled into the MK parade! At least we have photos, but it's not the same!

Not sure where I got it, but I have an insulated small backpack. I usually pack the camcorder and cushion it with one or two ponchos. Then, when on the ride, I take it off and loop the shoulder straps around me legs to hold it in. Works Great!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter