What to do with leftover egg yolks?

JLiz

Mouseketeer
I made an Angel Food Cake that used 12 egg whites leaving me with 12 egg yolks.

I just finished making lemon curd which used up 6, so I have 6 remaining yolks to use up. I’d make another batch of lemon curd, but I’m all out of lemons.

Any ideas?

I made an Angel Food Cake that used 12 egg whites leaving me with 12 egg yolks.

I just finished making lemon curd which used up 6, so I have 6 remaining yolks to use up. I’d make another batch of lemon curd, but I’m all out of lemons.

Any ideas?

There is a recipe called After Meringue cookies by the Best of Bridge. Try googling that. I’m not home or I’d copy the recipe for you.

My favorite recipes that only use the yolks are for homemade ice cream and creme brulee!

In one of my mother's old cookbooks there is a recipe for a babka that uses 12 egg yolks and 2 whole eggs. Not that she or I ever made it.

Last week a carton of 18 large eggs was on sale for $1.88.

I'd probably make several omelets with the yolks.

I was going to say the same thing. Once you start adding a bunch of ingredients to make something you wouldn't normally eat it really isn't saving anything.

I’m not trying to save a buck. I like cooking and baking, especially holiday treats.

Just bought 18 more so I can make deviled eggs tomorrow. One whole dollar. You just have to be willing to sell your soul and be willing to shop at Wal-mat.

Just bought 18 more so I can make deviled eggs tomorrow. One whole dollar. You just have to be willing to sell your soul and be willing to shop at Wal-mat.
:laughing: I do shop at Wal-Mart although not primarily for groceries. It wouldn’t matter though - Canadian grocery prices are waaaay higher (everywhere and for everything) than you pay in the States.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter