What to do at rope drop at MK when you don't need to rush to a ride?

audrey13

Mouseketeer
For our upcoming trip at the end of March, we have an 8:20 reservation at BOG and we have FPs for 7DMT and PP. We aren't interested in any of the other big rides like Space, Splash or BTMRR (my daughter doesn't like them). Since we don't need to rush to a ride line right at park opening and we will already be back in Fantasyland, what are some other fun options that only happen at rope drop (like neat character interactions - for example, does Alice still pick a child to ride the first tea cups ride with her)?

You could always take advantage of the lower crowds to get nice pictures. Not sure how riding with Alice works, never experienced that but I would still take advantage of this time to get on rides with short lines. You don’t have to do the big rides. That’s the biggest perk of getting there so early.

I was the only one riding the carousel at rope drop after breakfast at BoG a couple weeks ago. I also have seen a few odd photo shoots with Mickey, Minnie, stepsisters, for ads and promotions etc.

Pooh, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Tomorrowland Speedway all get significant lines later in the day. Any of them wouldn't be a bad choice early in the morning.

If those aren't on your to do list, then I would probably had back to Main Street, see the Trolley Show, ride the Main Street Vehicles (quite a fun ride actually, we've ridden on several of them now) and just enjoy the atmosphere a bit.

Pooh, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Tomorrowland Speedway all get significant lines later in the day. Any of them wouldn't be a bad choice early in the morning.

If those aren't on your to do list, then I would probably had back to Main Street, see the Trolley Show, ride the Main Street Vehicles (quite a fun ride actually, we've ridden on several of them now) and just enjoy the atmosphere a bit.
Will Tomorrowland Speedway be reopened by the end of March?

If I'm not in a rush, I'm all about getting a coffee and watching the Trolley Show and catching an early Dapper Dans performance. Such a relaxing way to start a day at MK!

I would check in for breakfast at 8am even though your res isn't till 8:20 - they'll take you. After you're done eating I would head straight to the new Mickey & Minnie Greet at Town Square.

Since I don't do the big rides, when we do early morning at MK I go shopping on Main Street. I can actually BROWSE! Even the shop workers seem relaxed and attentive. If you are staying at a disney resort and can have your purchases sent back to your resort, it is a great time to shop without the crowds.

Not sure if they do anything special but being the first in line to meet the princesses for the day could be fun for your daughter

That's my suggestion as well if your daughter likes princesses and wants to do the meet and greets that you don't have FPs for. Do Cinderella first as her line gets longer and then do Rapunzel right after. Or you could do the Mickey/Tinkerbell combo at the front of the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter