What times are ppl actually let into park?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were at DHS a few weeks ago, got into the park around 9:30, my family rode ToT when it opened around 9:55 and RnR right after. They rode both by 10:05.
Yup they do run early! I would caution anyone looking to do this however right now. Two out of three days at HS I saw CMs outside of RnRC, ToT and M/M RRW saying that if they got in line (around 9:40) they would not be able to get a boarding group because of the line wait and the supposed poor cell service in queue (I know someone probably gets great service in these rides but hey, when it comes to BGs better safe than sorry). If you get in line right at 10:01ish you can usually still have a minimal wait for RnRC and ToT. M/M RRW has terrible rope drop waits.

Yup they do run early! I would caution anyone looking to do this however right now. Two out of three days at HS I saw CMs outside of RnRC, ToT and M/M RRW saying that if they got in line (around 9:40) they would not be able to get a boarding group because of the line wait and the supposed poor cell service in queue (I know someone probably gets great service in these rides but hey, when it comes to BGs better safe than sorry). If you get in line right at 10:01ish you can usually still have a minimal wait for RnRC and ToT. M/M RRW has terrible rope drop waits.

They make multiple announcements in the queues that you may not be able to get a BG in line. We split up. I waited outside and did the BG drop while my DH and kids did RnR and ToT. Crowds were light enough later in the day that we could circle back and ride with minimal waits so I could go on them.

I got to the gates at Animal Kingdom last week 30 minutes before official open and most of the crowd was heading to Pandora so I went to Kilimanjaro Safari and we were held outside the queue area until 8. Gorilla walk was closed until 8:30 so went to Pandora and both rides were walk on by then.

I’m glad we’re doing a split stay this Oct - BWV for HS and EPCOT walk and BLT for MK - we’re skipping AK this time.
We're doing this exact same split in January, but planning to bus to AK while at BLT. I'm definitely looking forward to being able to walk to most of the parks!

We're doing this exact same split in January, but planning to bus to AK while at BLT. I'm definitely looking forward to being able to walk to most of the parks!
I’m usually not a fan of split resorts stays but with the shortened park open times and since we’re not commando style visitors, this just works better for us this time.

We were at DHS 8/7 and I staked out a spot near Beauty and the Beast to wait for the BG drop (about 9:45) and my family went off to do RnR. They rode and came back right as I secured the boarding group. We then hopped right in line for ToT with no wait.
What is the boarding group drop?

I just stumbled across this thread. We will be visiting HS, Epcot, & MK March 30-April 1 and will be staying at the All Star Movies Resort. Are, from what those of you who have been to the parks recently, the (unofficial vs. posted) park opening patterns still the same? We were planning to take bus transportation, so I'm wondering if that gets us there early enough, assuming we are going to make it on the first bus out. Any pre-COVID experiences anybody would be willing to share? I figure I'll ask around more about that once All Star Movies will open March 22, since I'm sure the distancing will affect the bus situation. Also, anybody willing to speculate how the early park openings will be affected once they do the announced on-site early 30mins that's supposed to replace Magic Hours? Would that new "early admission" be tagged in front of what they're doing now, or would that mean that they will do just what they do now but only let in on-site guests? Anybody willing to hazard a guess?

We will be visiting HS, Epcot, & MK March 30-April 1 and will be staying at the All Star Movies Resort.
1. anybody willing to speculate how the early park openings will be affected once they do the announced on-site early 30mins that's supposed to replace Magic Hours?
2. Would that new "early admission" be tagged in front of what they're doing now, or would that mean that they will do just what they do now but only let in on-site guests?
3. Anybody willing to hazard a guess?
1. The "30 minutes before posted opening time" will be just that. (Could be just a few minutes before that, of course.)
2. They would drop any other "early opening time" and adhere to the announced 30 minutes.
3. While the above is just my "guess," it comes from much prior experience.

I just stumbled across this thread. We will be visiting HS, Epcot, & MK March 30-April 1 and will be staying at the All Star Movies Resort. Are, from what those of you who have been to the parks recently, the (unofficial vs. posted) park opening patterns still the same? We were planning to take bus transportation, so I'm wondering if that gets us there early enough, assuming we are going to make it on the first bus out. Any pre-COVID experiences anybody would be willing to share? I figure I'll ask around more about that once All Star Movies will open March 22, since I'm sure the distancing will affect the bus situation. Also, anybody willing to speculate how the early park openings will be affected once they do the announced on-site early 30mins that's supposed to replace Magic Hours? Would that new "early admission" be tagged in front of what they're doing now, or would that mean that they will do just what they do now but only let in on-site guests? Anybody willing to hazard a guess?
I recommend going on the just back thread for current info
Locking this one since the situation is very fluid and times change on a week to week basis

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter