• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What Time Will the SW Fares be Released on the 14th?

PSUGuy

Bill From PA
I'm waiting on the Nov. fares, it looks like SW is sticking to their announced release date of 5/14 (so far), any idea how early AM to be online?

Bill From PA

Yep, be logged into your account at 6am est and just keep refreshing your screen. I think it was around 6:12 am when I was able to book our early October flights a few months ago. I'll be right there waiting with ya on Thursday morning because I need flights for late December also.

I'll be joining all of you. :surfweb: Need flights during Jersey week out/into of Philly. I'm hoping they don't treat that week like a holiday!!

Same here! We are visiting during Jersey week. Coming from Dayton Oh though, so hoping they don't know about Jersey week and charge a premium!

When is Jersey week? I just hope there are decent prices. On last opening day pricing from BWI was very high. We got better pricing after opening day. We'll see. Good luck everyone.

First time Southwest flier here...is it cheaper to book first thing in the morning when the flights come up? Also looking to book either Thanksgiving or between Christmas and New Year's.

Any tips would be appreciated :thanks:!!

Last edited:
Is there a reason to be online at 6am? Do they sell out or is it just to get the best Early Bird Seating priorty?

I always book our flights as soon as the schedule hits their website because there's only 1 non-stop flight out of Louisville to MCO at the fly anywhere fare. If the fare drops, you can always change without penalty so no cons to booking early.

I booked our October flights at 6am on the day SW open their schedule and so glad I did because both legs of the non-stop fly anywhere rates quickly sold out.

I have no idea what prices I'll see in the morning as I've never flown so close to Christmas before. Hoping it's not crazy expensive :eek: but I'll put a shot of whiskey next to my coffee :drinking1just in case. :thumbsup2

I too will be waiting anxiously at 6am. We are still trying to figure out if we want to fly out of Buffalo (2-hour drive to airport) or Pittsburgh (3-hour drive to airport). Guess we have to make that decision quickly! I LOVE living in the middle of nowhere!!!

First time Southwest flier here...is it cheaper to book first thing in the morning when the flights come up? Also looking to book either Thanksgiving or between Christmas and New Year's.

Any tips would be appreciated :thanks:!!

If you are flying around the holidays, I would book ASAP! I remember the last couple years, WGA fares around the major holidays sold out very quickly.

Same here! We are visiting during Jersey week. Coming from Dayton Oh though, so hoping they don't know about Jersey week and charge a premium!

They shouldn't. Last summer, I checked out prices for Jersey Week (1st week in November) through Philly and Baltimore. Baltimore was much less for the same days and times.

Is there a reason to be online at 6am? Do they sell out or is it just to get the best Early Bird Seating priorty?

Also, I have read reports of fares increasing throughout the day. Someone said the prices of their flight went up over $50 pp later in the morning.

I anyone else having nightmares of oversleeping?! :laughing:

Does anyone here have any experience with flying out of philly during jersey week? I am going wed- sun. I am not too worried about Wednesday. It's Sunday's price that scares me.

Booking for Thanksgiving week.....think prices will be lower later or should I book first thing tomorrow?????

Last year I missed the morning rush...but I got great Thanksgiving fares a couple of mths later. The fares will rise as the day goes on tomorrow .... Law of supply and demand, and they may actually show as sold out for the wanna get away fares. But then in another month or two, they will open back up and be low again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter