What time does your family eat their Thanksgiving meal?

What time is dinner?

• Early! 12-2

Votes: 33 26.6%
  • Mid afternoon 2-4

Votes: 46 37.1%
  • Early dinner 4-6

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • "Normal" Dinner time after 6pm

Votes: 14 11.3%

• Total voters
I guess it depends on where you live and what your schedule is. People in smaller cities do not have a huge commute so they can get home earlier. My hubby would go into work early so that he could be home around 4. So when he got home from work and the kids got home from school, they were hungry. So we eat around 4:30. I go into work very early(3am) and I go to bed by 6. Growing up, my family had the same schedule. My dad worked first shift and by off and home by 4:30. Kids need their sleep and if they had a bunch of extracurricular activities that did not allow them to eat until 9pm, I would never put them in it. School and health first, then hobbies.
Yeah, the stereotype of the 9 to 5 world.
Me. I worked 11 pm to 7 am for 25 years. I've worked 3 am to 1130 am the past 11 years.....although the past three months I have been on a 2 am to 1030am shift.
As I have posted before, even without after school activities, my 2 kids never were asleep before 10 pm no matter how early you put them to bed.
The real challenge with after school sports for my kids was coaches who wanted to start practice at 3 pm. My kids were in private school that went to 3 pm. Funny thing is a lot of these coaches had jobs where they were SUPPOSED to be at work until 4 or 5 pm, but they always managed to "get off early"

I voted 4 to 6 pm. However, as someone who got on the DIS for the cruise forum 16 years ago, I have to question your last choice wording '"Normal" Dinner time after 6 pm""
If you don't know, on the DCL ships (and most cruise lines) there is "early seating" at 5:45 pm and "late seating" at 8:15 pm, and a lot of folks on that forum believe "normal" dinner time is 5 pm. They don't want late seating, and wish early seating were earlier, and eat dinner at home promptly at 5 pm every night. A
My "kids" are 28 and 32 now, but when they were still kids and at home and in school and in Little League and Soccer, "normal" dinner time was often 7 to 730 pm, and in May and June when sunset wasn't until after 8 pm, 830 pm to 9 pm! Always wondered how working folks with kids could possibly be home from work, kids home, and dinner prepared and on the table by 5 pm.
Sorry for hijacking the thread, just wonder what "normal" dinner time really is for folks. In my house now, since I have to be at work at 2 am, and my wife at 3:30 am, our normal dinner time is 430pm, the earliest I can

25 years ago, I would have been put off by the late seating. Then I actually went on my cruise.

We eat supper daily between 5-6.
My kids never had activities after school much. It's usually after supper. Like scouting started at 7 so we would rush and eat before.
Baseball games start at 6:30. Not eating supper at 10 p.m. That's bedtime.
Family holiday dinners are the same.
I wouldn't want a big, heavy meal like that at lunchtime. 🤮

Our Thanksgiving meal has been moved to 4 (so probably a bit later).
Now deciding when to cook the things I am bringing.............mashed potatoes and lasagna.
They only have and oven big enough for the turkey......I think the potatoes will go in a crock pot. Just afraid that sitting in one will dry them out.
Not sure about the lasagna.

We normally eat dinner between 5:30-6
Later on vacations and late dining on cruises

😂 well we “aimed” for food at 12 but figured it would be 1. We ate about 2. The good thing is we were having too good of a time to get everything finished up! It was all so good and such a great day.

Sister-in-law said to arrive about 2 pm. We arrived fashionably late about 2:30 and expected to eat about 330 or 4. Meal wasn't ready until about 530.

Sister-in-law said to arrive about 2 pm. We arrived fashionably late about 2:30 and expected to eat about 330 or 4. Meal wasn't ready until about 530.

Y’all sound like us! This was the first year that all three kids actually showed up on time though and usually food is ready but we are waiting for somebody. This time all were there and we got too involved in talking to finish up.

Normal dinnertime is 6:30. Holidays maybe an hour earlier, but yesterday we ate at 2:30 so we would be done before watching our Bills destroy the Cowboys! Yay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter