What time does Southwest schedule open?

Ended up doing Hartford to MCO, over Thanksgiving (Wed-Sun). With EBCI, it's $600/person roundtrip. Unfortunately it was the cheapest airport in driving distance to us...normally use MHT.

Me too!! I’m actually thrilled we just got 400 pp round trip (for 3 people, $1200 total, phila to Orlando nov 9-18). American is still $1750! And those same flights on SW are up to $1550! That’s about what we paid for nov flights last year, which is definitely an expensive time of year to fly.
So glad I woke up early to stalk. It was well worth it :)

I was up at 5:45 am! It was well worth it though. I just checked American and similar flights for me would be about $700 per person. And that’s not including bags. I am very pleased with what we got.

Now i didn’t get park tickets for our last day. Our agency exclusive tickets are maxed at 8 day hoppers. Now i need to decide what to do on our last day.

We booked 11/10-11/18 out of PHL -
$164 going - 6am non-stop
$108 coming home - 9:50am non-stop

Not bad, considering we paid only a few dollars less last year for our Sept trip. Our flight home already went up to $184!!! This is why I book as soon as they release!

DCA-MCO 12/15 $142 and Return 12/21 $170 both non-stop. Not bad considering it's prime Holiday season. I can fly cheaper other times of the year, but this is when everyone is available! Looking forward to it.

Flight prices are rising quickly. And about 4 flights are “sold out” on 11/11 for wanna get away fares. I know they usually release more of those later. My flight was $184 and it’s now $244.

How did everyone do? The trip to Orlando was definitely cheaper than the flight back. I didn't have any flexibility with dates, as resort and all ADRs are booked, time off work approved, etc. I tried to get a child discount (my daughters are 4 and 2) but after I booked online and called a CSR, they said the Wanna Get Away prices are already cheaper. $1300 for all 4 of us to fly from STL to Orlando and back. I'm not thrilled, but they're both non stop flights and pretty good times of day.

How did everyone do? The trip to Orlando was definitely cheaper than the flight back. I didn't have any flexibility with dates, as resort and all ADRs are booked, time off work approved, etc. I tried to get a child discount (my daughters are 4 and 2) but after I booked online and called a CSR, they said the Wanna Get Away prices are already cheaper. $1300 for all 4 of us to fly from STL to Orlando and back. I'm not thrilled, but their both non stop flights and pretty good times of day.
Price wise I did good $241 rt LGA-FLL 11/0-11/18. But I'm not thrilled with the times. I've been checking schedules for months the one non-stop on the way down on Saturdays was always in the morning. The day I booked the only nonstop is after 3pm.

Ours was $114 departing @ 7:55am, nonstop to MCO.
$184 returning, flight leaving around 5pm.
I'm assuming check out time is somewhere around 11am so we will have some time to kill before heading back to the airport.
I need to do some research on the Magical Express still and factor that in for time.

Overall I'm happy.
BUF-MCO, 12/7, non stop 4:25pm-7:10pm
MCO-BUF, 12/11, non stop 12:35pm-3:10pm.
$218 RT ($118 RT for me due to a $100 voucher)
We love our non stop flights and we found the timing of the flight down to be perfect.
We wish the flight home was a little later but the later non stop was 9:20pm-11:50pm and since my sister is a teacher she didn't want to risk the flight being delayed and having to do from the airport to work with no sleep. Which did happen once before.

Now I'm worried! My flight down has already gone up $50 today. But I'm more worried about my return flight. That price has stayed the same, but it's showing there are only 3 seats left. I'm wondering if I should go ahead and book them with cash. Then wait to book the flight down with my $200 worth of vouchers in a few weeks when they become available. The fear is that I book a one-way and then the other one-way sells out and I'm left trying to figure out how to get down there. Hopefully they don't sell out and prices will go down by then. Any advice?

I didn't know southwest opened today, sheesh I hit the boards everyday and missed this!

So after noon I looked ~ flying holiday weekend ~ wanted to fly Sunday but it was over $250 ish one way.

Booked Saturday Mdw-Mco non stop 8pm 3 seats $146; 4th seat $166.

Flight home will be next release. Now I need to book Saturday night there.

We have a shuttle that we can take to the airport $2 each person it will get us to the airport 3 hours early but I'm thinking that will be good since it is a holiday weekend.

We got 2 roundtrip nonstop out of PVD to MCO Nov 7-11th with ebci for 659$ total...very happy. Now i`ll keep watching and re book if prices drop between now and trip time.

Southwest ugh...really high. But spirit released fares too. Even with paying for seats and luggage I’m saving $650.
Yeah. Of course I still need to get us home and a rental car. We’ve driven the last few times so I’m excited to fly.

How'd everyone do?

I totally forgot. I got into work at 8:30am and was sitting around... went to type up a blog and was like "oh no..." Fortunately there were some flights remaining, but still.

Was really unhappy to see that SW didn't have its normal 7am-ish flight on 12/24. We're taking a 9:30am. We were planning on flying home in the afternoon on 1/1, but the only flight (1pm) was too expensive. 8:30pm it is...

Holy smokes. The same flight we booked his morning ($1200 for 3 people round trip from philly) is now $2300!!! Dang. I had no idea it was this crazy. If we are ever lucky enough to take another trip to Disney I may even take off on fare release day!

priciest we've ever paid on Southwest flying from NH. $149 down and $247 back PER PERSON non-stop.

I must apologize to everyone. When I heard everyone being anxious about the exact TIME of the schedule opening today, I kind of laughed at people feeling they had to do things right away. After all, they won't sell out that quickly. So, I didn't get around to it until around 9:30-then what a shock to learn that the last "wanna get away" fare for our Thanksgiving trip had only two tickets left (but fortunately there are just two of us). I grabbed them, and saved about $200-$250 on our flights, but it still cost us more than $150 total over what a non-Thanksgiving flight was a few weeks ago. Holiday fares seem expensive! But at least we're booked for Hilton Head for Thanksgiving now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter