What time do you leave the ship for Blue Lagoon in Nassau?

Donna M

DIS Veteran
I'm thinking we might do this excursion in Dec. and I'm wondering when you gather at the ship and which ferry (time) you take.

Any other info would be helpful. It is just dh and me. We enjoy sitting on the beach at cc, reading and going in the water. We would want the most time as possible.

Me and the wife did the Blue Lagoon trip two years ago. We made it to Nassau super early that morning but it felt like we left our ship pretty late. I enjoyed the boat ride but it eats up a lot of time as well. The worst part was that we also left the island pretty early and were only there for two hours. I thought the area was very pretty but the beach area was very shallow and you had to pay to use any other items there. I do remember the lunch being good though. We will be back to Nassau aboard the Wonder this December. I think we may stay on the ship most of the day with a quick visit to Pirate Republic Brewing.

Went and looked back on the timestamps from my cell phone pics. Assuming my phone was in the correct time zone, we left on the boat around 10AM. Made it back to the Wonder at about 3PM. We probably left Blue Lagoon a little after 2PM but I remember them making us stand and wait on the dock for like 30 min.

I remember a couple from our cruise complained and got refunded half the cost of the excursions.

Went and looked back on the timestamps from my cell phone pics. Assuming my phone was in the correct time zone, we left on the boat around 10AM. Made it back to the Wonder at about 3PM. We probably left Blue Lagoon a little after 2PM but I remember them making us stand and wait on the dock for like 30 min.

I remember a couple from our cruise complained and got refunded half the cost of the excursions.

The description on the cruise website says you can stay on the island either 3.5 or 5.5 hours. That doesn't seem to be what you experienced. Did you have an option to stay longer?

I'm thinking we might do this excursion in Dec. and I'm wondering when you gather at the ship and which ferry (time) you take.

Any other info would be helpful. It is just dh and me. We enjoy sitting on the beach at cc, reading and going in the water. We would want the most time as possible.

Have taken this excursion twice. Although I do not remember the exact time we got off the ship, it wasn't instantly, so there's plenty of time for a leisurely breakfast. There's not a specific ferry time that you need to take, as the Disney guests will all go on one ferry together. You'll gather in one of the common areas, and then be walked over to the ferry. It may or may not stop at the dock at Paradise Island before heading to Blue Lagoon. There were several return times that we could have taken to come back to Nassau.

I did an excursion to Blue Lagoon last Thursday - our meeting time was 9:15 in the Tube on the Fantasy.

I did an excursion to Blue Lagoon last Thursday - our meeting time was 9:15 in the Tube on the Fantasy.

Thanks, that's what I was looking for. So with that departure there should be plenty of beach time. I'm concerned about what a pp said about leaving the island at 2:00.

Thanks, that's what I was looking for. So with that departure there should be plenty of beach time. I'm concerned about what a pp said about leaving the island at 2:00.

There were 3 ferries back - 1, 2 & 4.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter