What time do you eat breakfast on sea days?

Can you tell me more about the croissants: are they flaky and crispy or soft and squishy? 😆
On the Dream and Fantasy the last times we were onboard they were crispy because they kept them in a warmer inside Cove. We didn't experience this on the Magic and Wonder and so they were a little soft and squishy.

The Wish doesn't have ANY little food yummies in Cove. Such a bummer.

And this is another reason to lament the Palo buffet being gone because the croissants were ALWAYS fresh and flaky from the Palo buffet. *cry*

On the Dream and Fantasy the last times we were onboard they were crispy because they kept them in a warmer inside Cove. We didn't experience this on the Magic and Wonder and so they were a little soft and squishy.

And this is another reason to lament the Palo buffet being gone because the croissants were ALWAYS fresh and flaky from the Palo buffet. *cry*
I appreciate your details 😄 I'll be on the wonder so I will lower my expectations!

Just 3 weeks ago, on The Wish, I got croissants and a little jar of blueberry jam every morning in The Cove cafe.

For free? Yours is the first report of snacks on the Wish in Cove Cafe. Tell us more!
Yes, they only had croissants and 2 flavors of jam, and it was free. I happened to notice the roll top chafer server and the little jam jars, so I asked if they offered a pastry. That’s the only way I found out they had free croissants, since the chafer serving tray hid what might be inside from view.

As West Coasters on an Eastern Caribbean cruise we really stayed on West Coast time. So breakfast was in the 10 to 10:15 am time frame. Lunch about 2:15 pm. Late seating for dinner.
And not just on sea days, the excursions we picked on port days tended to be late morning or early afternoon.

Some of my family's fondest memories on the Magic were after dinner, walking the outside decks at midnight on a balmy Caribbean night, the lights of the islands in the distance, the warm breeze, the smell of the sea, the sound of the waves.

Yes, they only had croissants and 2 flavors of jam, and it was free. I happened to notice the roll top chafer server and the little jam jars, so I asked if they offered a pastry. That’s the only way I found out they had free croissants, since the chafer serving tray hid what might be inside from view.
I have to wonder if this is new and based on feedback. I found the lack of snacks in Cove to be a huge bummer on the Wish. Maybe they are listening to some of the critiques!

I have to wonder if this is new and based on feedback. I found the lack of snacks in Cove to be a huge bummer on the Wish. Maybe they are listening to some of the critiques!
Yes, I definitely discussed it (i.e., expressed that I wished there were still pastries) when we were there in January with the barista. So, they didn't have it then, glad to see they might have something now.

We are pretty lazy on sea days (unless we have Palo brunch booked but even then, our kids will still sleep in) so we don't head to Cabanas til around 10am.

I'm not a big breakfast person so usually early or late I'll grab something small if I don't order to my room the night before.

DH brings me coffee in the morning and wakes us all up. So we breakfast sometime after the kids get dressed and the caffeine kicks in. We're on vacation so I'm not looking at the clock until we're sitting in Cabanas planning our activities for the day.

Just 3 weeks ago, on The Wish, I got croissants and a little jar of blueberry jam every morning in The Cove cafe.
For free? Yours is the first report of snacks on the Wish in Cove Cafe. Tell us more!
My dad had the same experience on the March 20 cruise. Croissants every morning. (I just got a coffee from Wishing Star and sat on the verandah until my daughter woke up.)

If you want MDR for breakfast most of those open around 8 am - and generally have tables available.

Cabanas is usually not crowded too much until 8:30 - usually at first open they only open one side of cabanas for serving food and then open the other side later.

It is pretty busy 8:30-10 am most sea days - then dies down between 10
And closing time.

There is always room service as well!

You can’t go wrong either way!

Hi
The sitdown (MDR) options have to be reserved in advance?
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter