What time do the non feature pools open?

Pool hours vary by time of year etc. So it will depend on when you are going. I have seen 8:00 a.m., 9:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. at the BC quiet pools in particular.

Was that just a pandemic thing? I ask because I remember the quiet pool hours being posted as 7am - 11pm. I inquired, and was told "it's posted 7am to 11pm but we don't lock the gate." This was at Beach Club and Riveria on two separate occasions during the pandemic (2020 and 2021).

Anyway that was during the pandemic but has it changed back? I was at CCV much more recently (this past August), and the attendant closed up the towel dispenser and whatnot but didn't lock the gate nor kick us out. We were definitely there past 11pm.

Was that just a pandemic thing? I ask because I remember the quiet pool hours being posted as 7am - 11pm. I inquired, and was told "it's posted 7am to 11pm but we don't lock the gate." This was at Beach Club and Riveria on two separate occasions during the pandemic (2020 and 2021).

Anyway that was during the pandemic but has it changed back? I was at CCV much more recently (this past August), and the attendant closed up the towel dispenser and whatnot but didn't lock the gate nor kick us out. We were definitely there past 11pm.
At the Beach Club quiet pool earlier this month, I was in the hot tub maybe 15-20 minutes after the posted closing time when a cast member came out. I assumed he was there to tell us to leave, so I started to get out. He said, "oh, you don't need to get out, I'm just checking the water levels."

Very different experience from Animal Kingdom Lodge, where they will run you out of the hot tubs right at the posted time. They don't have a quiet pool there, but the hot tubs are fenced separately from the feature pool, and don't have lifeguards watching them, so I wish they would treat the hot tubs the way other resorts treat the quiet pools.

Beach Club and BWV never lock their pools. If you’re quiet and not disturbing anyone, they are 24 hours.

Non-DVC, but when we stayed at POR pre-Covid, we were told that the quiet hours were 11pm to 7am, but that the pools were open for use 24 hours a day.

Last edited:
Beach Club and BWV never lock their pools. If you’re quiet and not disturbing anyone, they are 24 hours.
Ok…we’ll be at BWV, and I would like to swim in the morning before checking out. I could easily be in the pool at 7. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter