• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What time do Magic Key reservations drop?

Hyphen677

Earning My Ears
We're fairly new out-of-state Enchant key holders. I've booked reservations once for a less busy time with no problem. Now we're discussing a trip November 12-13. I just saw that a Dapper Day is scheduled for November 12th so I'm slightly concerned that getting reservations will be more difficult.

Do I need to stay up until it's midnight in California to better my odds at a reservation or am I just being a crazy person? Do the reservations even drop at midnight 90 days out or is it later in the day?

Forgive me - the competition for Oogie Boogie tickets and some dining reservations has left some scars. 😛

We're fairly new out-of-state Enchant key holders. I've booked reservations once for a less busy time with no problem. Now we're discussing a trip November 12-13. I just saw that a Dapper Day is scheduled for November 12th so I'm slightly concerned that getting reservations will be more difficult.

Do I need to stay up until it's midnight in California to better my odds at a reservation or am I just being a crazy person? Do the reservations even drop at midnight 90 days out or is it later in the day?

Forgive me - the competition for Oogie Boogie tickets and some dining reservations has left some scars. 😛
You will be OK booking any time the day or two or even a week after reservations open as the regular day park reservations don’t book up that quickly. Also, any MK passes which renew between now and then cannot book a park reservation until after the pass is renewed, which starts at 30 days prior to renewal. So, existing MK holders are slower to book over the next 3-4 months because this is the period where those passes were initially offered and activated.

Enjoy your visit! It is also the first weekend for holiday decor and happenings.

You will be OK booking any time the day or two or even a week after reservations open as the regular day park reservations don’t book up that quickly. Also, any MK passes which renew between now and then cannot book a park reservation until after the pass is renewed, which starts at 30 days prior to renewal. So, existing MK holders are slower to book over the next 3-4 months because this is the period where those passes were initially offered and activated.

Enjoy your visit! It is also the first weekend for holiday decor and happenings.
Thank you!

If my MK expires Nov 14th, will I be able to make park reservations for Dec (7-11) at 90 days out, or would I need to renew it first?

If my MK expires Nov 14th, will I be able to make park reservations for Dec (7-11) at 90 days out, or would I need to renew it first?
You will need to renew it first. I’m in that situation now, need November reservations but my pass renews in October. So I have to wait until I can renew in September before I can book November.

You will need to renew it first. I’m in that situation now, need November reservations but my pass renews in October. So I have to wait until I can renew in September before I can book November.
Thank you. That's kind of a bummer! Hopefully, you'll be able to get your reservations. Too bad we can't renew earlier than 30 days prior to expiration.

Last edited:
Thank you. That's kind of a bummer! Hopefully, you'll be able to get your reservations. Too bad we can't renew earlier than 30 days prior to expiration.
Thanks - it will be fine because all MKs are in the same situation, with a lot of renewals in the fall as that is the first three months after they first went on sale. I’ve noticed it has the fewest booked days far in advance, likely because of having to wait for renewal windows to open. And I agree, it is hard to have to wait to book! I stressed about it last year, then realized it would be OK as lot of folks were also having to wait for renewals.

Thanks - it will be fine because all MKs are in the same situation, with a lot of renewals in the fall as that is the first three months after they first went on sale. I’ve noticed it has the fewest booked days far in advance, likely because of having to wait for renewal windows to open. And I agree, it is hard to have to wait to book! I stressed about it last year, then realized it would be OK as lot of folks were also having to wait for renewals.
I don't really have to worry about it since I'm staying on site and can use the hotel bucket if necessary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter