What time do I reserve Port Adventures?

awinangie

Mouseketeer
Hi,

We're planning our first ever cruise... (SO Excited!)

We'll be on the February 20th Disney Dream Bahamas Cruise and the website tells me that I can reserve adventures on December 7th.

When do I hover over my computer to reserve? Midnight the night of Dec. 6th? What about time zones? My friends we're traveling with live on the East Coast and we live on the West Coast. Does one cabin get to reserve three hours before the other? The reservations are all attached to my Disney account, so do we have to wait until West Coast time?

So confused... :)

Thanks much!!

Angie (Asha's Grateful Mama & Happy Future Disney-Cruiser)

Hi,

We're planning our first ever cruise... (SO Excited!)

We'll be on the February 20th Disney Dream Bahamas Cruise and the website tells me that I can reserve adventures on December 7th.

When do I hover over my computer to reserve? Midnight the night of Dec. 6th? What about time zones? My friends we're traveling with live on the East Coast and we live on the West Coast. Does one cabin get to reserve three hours before the other? The reservations are all attached to my Disney account, so do we have to wait until West Coast time?

So confused... :)

Thanks much!!

Angie (Asha's Grateful Mama & Happy Future Disney-Cruiser)
The night of the 6th when midnight makes it be the 7th, your online checkin and port adventure booking windows open. Most of the time. Sometimes there's a delay.

That's midnight EASTERN time. So, at the same time for both the east and west coast, but really 9:00 for us westcoasters.

Also note - you must log into your reservation after midnight. If you are already logged in when the day changes, the website only recognizes that you logged in on the 6th and won't let you in to book anything.

Well, HALLELUJAH!!! So glad I don't have to stay up that late!! I'll be only a few days past a biopsy surgery and will have to work the day before and after... SO GREAT!!!

Seems like not so many years ago midnight was EARLY...

Thanks much!!!

Well, HALLELUJAH!!! So glad I don't have to stay up that late!! I'll be only a few days past a biopsy surgery and will have to work the day before and after... SO GREAT!!!

Seems like not so many years ago midnight was EARLY...

Thanks much!!!
Also, I believe that both of you can't be logged in to your separate reservations at the same time, if you are linked.

Also, I believe that both of you can't be logged in to your separate reservations at the same time, if you are linked.

That is correct. If you are doing the reservations, make your friend isn't even browsing the activities. That could cause problems. When I did the reservations for my family and my sister's family, I had her on the phone so that I could tell her our options (some excursions have more than one departure time, for example) but I made all of the reservations, even the ones that only her family was doing. Later, she went on and booked some Spa things. Make sure you log out (not just close your browser) when you are done, or else it will take a while (like hours) to allow anyone (even you) back in.

Also, since you are a big group, you may find that some of your preferred activities don't have enough spaces. We had this issue, and almost didn't book the activity because of that. Almost certainly, more spaces will open later, and if they don't you can always cancel later at no penalty (and free the spots for someone else who is waiting). You may have to do some trial and error to see how many spots are available. We had 9, but when I submitted my request for 9, it came back as "full." When I submitted for 5, I was accepted. Then I submitted for the others one at a time. We got one more that night. Over the next 3 days my sister tried once a day and eventually got spaces for all three of the remaining people. So don't be discouraged, and don't give up, but definitely take as many spots as are available, and try to add the rest later.

Also, since you are a big group, you may find that some of your preferred activities don't have enough spaces. We had this issue, and almost didn't book the activity because of that. Almost certainly, more spaces will open later, and if they don't you can always cancel later at no penalty (and free the spots for someone else who is waiting). You may have to do some trial and error to see how many spots are available. We had 9, but when I submitted my request for 9, it came back as "full." When I submitted for 5, I was accepted. Then I submitted for the others one at a time. We got one more that night. Over the next 3 days my sister tried once a day and eventually got spaces for all three of the remaining people. So don't be discouraged, and don't give up, but definitely take as many spots as are available, and try to add the rest later.

Thanks so much!! This is super helpful!!!

That is correct. If you are doing the reservations, make your friend isn't even browsing the activities. That could cause problems. When I did the reservations for my family and my sister's family, I had her on the phone so that I could tell her our options (some excursions have more than one departure time, for example) but I made all of the reservations, even the ones that only her family was doing. Later, she went on and booked some Spa things. Make sure you log out (not just close your browser) when you are done, or else it will take a while (like hours) to allow anyone (even you) back in.

Some of our guys had the same problem reserving a zip-line shore excursion. They made their own arrangements through the same company and saved some $$$.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter