What time did school start and finish in your day?

In elementary school we had three different start and end times depending on which school you were at. I think mine was 0800 to 1445. In junior high and high school it was 0715 until 1345 until I was a sophomore and then they changed it to 0840 until 1510. Missed most of my last classes during baseball season when we had games that started at 1530.

Elementary school 8 am to 2:30 pm
Junior High School 9 am to 3:45 pm
High School 8 am to 3:15 pm

i don't recall for elementary or junior high but high school was 7:50-3:10 (there were 7 periods per day not including lunch). rode the bus so it picked us up at 6:50 and got us home around 4:15ish.

My elementary school (early-mid 1980s) started at 9 am and ended at 3 pm
Middle School was slightly earlier, but I can't remember the exact hours...I think something around 8:15-2:30 ish.
High School I had moved to a different state. My schedule started around 7:30 am and ended around 3:30 or 4 pm. But that's because I took an optional "elective" class. Many students who didn't take the optional elective ended about an hour earlier than me.

Elementary (K-6) was 8:45-3:15. But we did get out at 11:30 to go home for lunch and had to be back 12:45.

For some reason they played around with the times some years in Jr-Sr High (7-12). But I don’t think they were ever changed by more than fifteen minutes. So overall it was roughly from 8:10-2:50.

I don't remember the hours of elementary and junior high. My high school had a huge enrollment, so we had three shifts -- 7:15 to 2:15, 8:15 to 3:15, and 9:15 to 4:15. I was lucky to get the early shift all three years of high school.

My elementary school (early-mid 1980s) started at 9 am and ended at 3 pm
Middle School was slightly earlier, but I can't remember the exact hours...I think something around 8:15-2:30 ish.
High School I had moved to a different state. My schedule started around 7:30 am and ended around 3:30 or 4 pm. But that's because I took an optional "elective" class. Many students who didn't take the optional elective ended about an hour earlier than me.

my kid's high school did a 'zero hour' for a handful of classes (jazz band and driver's ed were a couple of them) it started at 7 a.m. but you had to have private vehicle transportation (weird rural road situation wherein students were strictly prohibited to either walk or ride a bike to the campus-even the kids who lived in the few properties directly across from the campus).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter