What time are Lyft / Uber allowed in the parking lot at Hollywood Studios assuming an 8:00 open?

Mcert01

Mouseketeer
Hi,

Just wondering when ride share vehicles allowed in the HS lot for drop off ahead of park opening.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Uber and Lyft may have their own rules.

But my present stance is, since there exist non-refundable morning restaurant reservations etc., it is fair game to go right in at a time comfortable for getting to the applicable activity punctually.

Listening to a podcast this morning they were talking how their parking lot experience was insane. It was backed up with people paying with credit cards and the Uber/Lyft lines backed up as well around 7:10 AM. I think a lot of it was the impact of Presidents Day week, but doesn't sound normal so just be prepared.

My daughter used Lyft to get from SOG to Disney Studios on Sunday morning as she wanted to beat the buses for Rise of the Resistance.
She booked it for a 6a arrival but the Lyft girl had to cancel because she was stuck in an Epcot loop due to construction.
Her second Lyft got her to Disney Studios at 620a.
Park opened at 8a.
She was a bit disappointed she wasn't there at 6a as she wanted BUT she got Group 19 guaranteed for Rise of the Resistance :)

Hope this helps!

My daughter used Lyft to get from SOG to Disney Studios on Sunday morning as she wanted to beat the buses for Rise of the Resistance.
She booked it for a 6a arrival but the Lyft girl had to cancel because she was stuck in an Epcot loop due to construction.
Park opened at 8a.
She was a bit disappointed she wasn't there at 6a as she wanted BUT she got Group 19 guaranteed for Rise of the Resistance :)

Hope this helps!
Tell your daughter to never "schedule" a ride with Uber or Lyft. All "scheduled" means is the ride gets dispatched 15 minutes or so earlier, and the most likely outcome of that is a $10 cancellation fee to your daughter.

There are plenty of Uber/Lyft cars available at WDW early in the morning -- absolutely no need to "schedule."

Also tell her to check her account and be sure she didn't get charged a cancellation.

Park opened at 8a.

Hope this helps!
Big help. Thanks!

Park opened at 8a.

Hope this helps!
I'm sure she knows this but getting there at 6AM wouldn't have changed what boarding group she got

If DD was at the pickup point all the way until 6 minutes after the pickup time, without having called for a backup ride or having cancelled, then she should not owe a cancellation fee to Lyft.

So allow more time in advance to make possible scheduling a backup ride if you are paranoid about a ride that might be stuck in traffic, etc. Same idea as for bus riders to be at the stop extra early for a critical arrival time in case the sweet spot bus is too full to take them.

OT (and PSA) Do not cancel a ride at the request or at the behest (not bequest) of the driver whether over the phone or face to face. In such a circumstance the driver should do it him/herself.

Last edited:
If DD was at the pickup point all the way until 6 minutes after the pickup time, without having called for a backup ride or having cancelled, then she should not owe a cancellation fee to Lyft.
Right, she should not be charged. But any time you have a situation like this, it's always a good idea to check your account just to be sure. Issues are much easier to resolve right away.

I'm sure she knows this but getting there at 6AM wouldn't have changed what boarding group she got
She knows that but really wanted to get in the ride as this was her only chance the whole trip. Once 8a struck she got group 19 guaranteed and ran to other rides before her group was called. 👍

Tell your daughter to never "schedule" a ride with Uber or Lyft. All "scheduled" means is the ride gets dispatched 15 minutes or so earlier, and the most likely outcome of that is a $10 cancellation fee to your daughter.

There are plenty of Uber/Lyft cars available at WDW early in the morning -- absolutely no need to "schedule."

Also tell her to check her account and be sure she didn't get charged a cancellation.
Good to know about not scheduling.

The driver called her to explain and canceled. No cancelation fee 👍

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter