What things that aren't meant to be stressful do you find stressful?

Driving somewhere I’ve never been - the stress of not finding it - getting lost - I keep telling myself you can turn around it’s fine - your on an adventure and my brain tells me things I can’t print here - I can’t explain the anxiety this causes me - I try to avoid this at all cost but a lot of times I’m not so lucky - gps does not help me get rid of this

Travelling/ vacations. I can NEVER sleep well on vacations and then that causes all sorts of cascading issues. I haven't felt the desire to travel for quite awhile now. It's never as fun as I imagine it's going to be, simply because my mind will NOT allow my body to relax. As soon as I'm in a new environment, all my senses are on high alert. I end up with migraines, etc.

Hanging out with friends, which I enjoy, but every time, it's like my heart rate doubles, I get all hyper/adrenaline rush, and the "stress" screen on my smartwatch ratchets up. I can't socialize and feel relaxed at the same time. Thus, I don't do it very often, because it is actually hard on me physically. This has gotten worse with age.

Travelling/ vacations. I can NEVER sleep well on vacations and then that causes all sorts of cascading issues. I haven't felt the desire to travel for quite awhile now. It's never as fun as I imagine it's going to be, simply because my mind will NOT allow my body to relax. As soon as I'm in a new environment, all my senses are on high alert. I end up with migraines, etc.

Hanging out with friends, which I enjoy, but every time, it's like my heart rate doubles, I get all hyper/adrenaline rush, and the "stress" screen on my smartwatch ratchets up. I can't socialize and feel relaxed at the same time. Thus, I don't do it very often, because it is actually hard on me physically. This has gotten worse with age.

:hug::hug::hug:

Planning things that involve other people besides just DH and I. I stress out so much if we host a party/get together that I don't usually even enjoy it. The couple times that I've planned vacations in which other people joined us, I worried so much about whether the other people were having a good time or not that I ended up not having a good time.

Planning things that involve other people besides just DH and I. I stress out so much if we host a party/get together that I don't usually even enjoy it. The couple times that I've planned vacations in which other people joined us, I worried so much about whether the other people were having a good time or not that I ended up not having a good time.

The idea of traveling with anyone outside our nuclear family stresses me out so much that I won't even consider it. I travel with ONE specific very good friend for girls trips and even then sometimes we butt heads about our plans.

I do not understand people who travel with other entire families. Yikes!

If I have alot going on, I really need appointments to be on time. I get a little stressed if there are delays or changes that could affect a later appointment or task.
Evals at work are stressful, even though I always do well. My boss is already a month late with my current eval.
Meetings, sometimes, but only because of some particular coworkers who are old guys that love to be drama queens.

The Chick-Fil-A drive thru line (or any place that does this) where the worker walks up to your window.

No thank you, back away. I want to read the actual board and order through a speaker!

As I have gotten older I just want to be at home if I am not working or running kids around. I am not a real social person anyway. My anxiety has just skyrocketed after I had Covid in January. I am a hot mess. I guess home feels very safe to me where I am protected.

The Chick-Fil-A drive thru line (or any place that does this) where the worker walks up to your window.

No thank you, back away. I want to read the actual board and order through a speaker!
you bring up another great one IMO - the ones where you aren't even at the speaker at the drive thru and they're asking for your order. I don't go to some FF places ever, so if I go to a Wendy's. as an example, I need to read the menu. I know it's fast food and should be quick, but each customer should be given a minute.

Having people over. Not confident in my home decor, if the house is clean enough, my cooking, etc.
I hate hosting things.

Waiting on a phone call from someone I want/need to speak to, like a doctor’s office, for example. The obnoxious stress of keeping my phone on me at all times so as to not miss the call, trying to never be “indisposed” for more than two seconds at a time throughout the day so I can be ready to answer at a moment’s notice, and trying desperately not to end up in a 3-business-day game of phone tag if I fail to catch their call the first time it comes through. Inevitably, there is a 50% chance the call will still miraculously end up going to voicemail even though the damn phone was never more than two feet away from me, ever, and a 100% chance I’ll work myself into a frenzy expecting to hear the words “I’m afraid you have an inoperable brain tumor, Ms.Tipsy” even though I just took my cat in for a broken toenail. :sad2:

Appointments. More specifically, making sure I am there on time. As a result I am often early and sitting in my car in a parking lot till a place actually opens!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter