What the heck is frushi ???

TwingleMum

DIS Veteran
I have seen a couple of posts & photos of frushi (sp???)? What is it? Did you like it???

Cous cous is a rice dish that often has fruit in it and it’s delicious. Where can you get them? I’ll have to try it.

It's available during festivals when there’s a booth in front of the Japanese pavilion. I have seen it during both food & wine and flower & garden.

Cous cous is a rice dish that often has fruit in it and it’s delicious. Where can you get them? I’ll have to try it.
Couscous would typically contain dried fruit. This is chunks of fresh fruit wrapped in rice & a Fruit Roll-Up. I assumed it was a fun “play” food for kids who don’t yet have the palate for sushi. I couldn’t believe adults were eating this concoction :laughing: But, hey, we all like what we like.

I think it's delicious. It's the same concept as rice pudding with raisins, or any number of grains (quinoa, oatmeal, muesli, polenta) with fresh or dried fruit.

It’s cantaloupe, strawberries, and pineapple surrounded by sweet sticky rice and an unflavored wrap, not a fruit roll-up. It’s refreshing, not overly sweet, and delightful accompanied by whipped cream and raspberry coulis. For me, it was a nice, light and cool snack on a hot day.

:sunny:

It’s cantaloupe, strawberries, and pineapple surrounded by sweet sticky rice and an unflavored wrap, not a fruit roll-up. It’s refreshing, not overly sweet, and delightful accompanied by whipped cream and raspberry coulis. For me, it was a nice, light and cool snack on a hot day.

Is is all 3 wrapped together? Or can you choose? Because strawberry and pineapple are both YUM but any kind of melon is :crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:

Fruit and rice? And it works?

A common Thai dessert is mango and sticky rice. I had my doubts the first time I had it (mango and sticky rice), but I really like it. The rice is made with coconut milk and is slightly sweetened, so it is not like eating normal "dinner rice". I assume that frushi is made with similar rice, but I don't know.

No, couscous is a grain (durum wheat) not a dish. It can be used in dishes that include fruit (or not). North African cuisine (from where couscous comes) often mixes savoury and sweet.

Is is all 3 wrapped together? Or can you choose? Because strawberry and pineapple are both YUM but any kind of melon is :crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:

Yep, they’re all wrapped together and pre-made, so I don’t think you can ask for them to leave the melon out. My DH hates cantaloupe, too!

Yep, they’re all wrapped together and pre-made, so I don’t think you can ask for them to leave the melon out. My DH hates cantaloupe, too!

Ugh. Thanks anyway. Guess I can save the calories for something else.

Ugh. Thanks anyway. Guess I can save the calories for something else.
You can easily “pop” out what ever fruit you don’t like. While I’m normally a pineapple fan I think the one they used on my rolls was too tart for me, so I didn’t eat it. And I normally wouldn’t like Melon, but this was actually pretty good!

You can easily “pop” out what ever fruit you don’t like. While I’m normally a pineapple fan I think the one they used on my rolls was too tart for me, so I didn’t eat it. And I normally wouldn’t like Melon, but this was actually pretty good!

Melon flavors anything it comes in contact with, so the flavor would still be there. Frushi is going to be a definite skip for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter