What the DL obsessed do at 2 AM

DizMe

Here we gooooo...
Well, this one, at any rate.

I recently discovered the fun of using Alt + numbers on a PC. If you have a numerical keypad on the right of your keyboard you're good. Make sure the 'Num lock' is enabled--this is a key at the top left of the number keypad (or it is on my computer) and if enabled, there should be a light that is on at the top of the keyboard. Mine is on the top right and has a picture of a lock above it. If the light isn't on, hit the 'Num lock' key.

Ok, so here's what you do: Hold the Alt key and, while holding, enter the number code in the steps below. This MUST be done on the numeric keypad, not the number keys above the alphabet. When you finish entering the numbers, release the Alt key and a symbol will appear.

If you want to try it, here is my fun little DL thing. Be sure to hold down the Alt key then release at the end of the numbers in each step (you don't need it for the spaces):

1. 0206

space bar 4 times

2. 3 (I like to make this one in red font)

space 4 times

3. 0208

space 2 times

4. 0166

space 2 times

5. 21

space 2 times

6. 14

space 2 times

7. 0128

space 2 times

8. 0165

space 2 times

9. 28

space 2 times

10. 64

space 2 times

11. 47 (release Alt and then hold down again for the 86 below)

space 2 times

12. 0208

Hope you have fun with it. For more symbols, try this site: http://fsymbols.com/alt-codes

I'm on my laptop with no number pad. :confused: I'll have to try it later when DH lets me on "the big computer". :)

How fun! I had to actually get out of bed (where I was using my laptop w/o a number pad) so I could go try this out on the "big computer" (as Pink Budgie put it:lmao:).

Very cool, although it took me a while to figure it out. It works only if you are actually typing something! :thumbsup2 I suggest copying the instructions onto a word doc or a post and going from there.

Just a FYI... Different fonts will produce different characters. If you want easy access to the characters you can open up "character map" usually under "Start" "programs" "accessories" it will show you the different characters available based on what font you are using. It will also show you the alt code associated with each character if you plan on using it often. ;)

Ok, I went to the big computer and I can't get it to work. :sad2: It only lets me put in one symbol and then I can't put more in. Oh well.

Very cool. :thumbsup2

Ok, I went to the big computer and I can't get it to work. :sad2: It only lets me put in one symbol and then I can't put more in. Oh well.

What program are you trying it in? I did it with the word processor and it worked (i used Times New Roman for the font).

:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

Î ♥ Ð ¦ § ♫ € ¥ ∟ @ /V Ð

That's fun. I'm gonna go grab a beer if that's okay. :lmao:

For peeps w/ a laptop, the letter and number keys on your right-hand placement usually have a tiny number printed on the front-side of the keys. Like my letter 'j' is the #1. When you turn the number lock on, it'll activate those keys. So when you have the number lock on, letter 'j' will type '1'.

'Zat cool? :)

I wasn't sure what happened with different fonts! Thanks for all the additional info!

Here are a couple of other things I was messing around with:

Gives you:

Ï ¶v¶ Ï € ¶{ £ ¥ ¶v¶ Ø Ü § £
ºOº

and you can use this:

to get ¶v¶ Ï /V /V Ï € and 0186, 0213, 0186 to get ºÕº

you guys gave too much time on your hands!! rFLOL i know about alt plus 167 plus lower case "o" and alt plus 167 again

it makes this== ºoº

i knew about the heart ♥ that is easy! :thumbsup2

Very cool. :thumbsup2

What program are you trying it in? I did it with the word processor and it worked (i used Times New Roman for the font).

I tried on here and that didn't work. So I tried Open Office and that didn't work so then I tried Microsoft word pad since that came with the computer and you'd think that would work if nothing else but it didn't. :confused3

THE NUM LOCK ON A REGULAR KEYBOARD HAS TO BE ON FOR THE SYMBOLS TO WORK!!

:) just a tip

0cb10057e2d3b45a6fb1b55738084279.gif

what about glitter graphics everyone!!!

I mean the 0 on the number pad won't make a symbol.

u dont use the o on the number pad.. you hold alt and then 167 as your holding alt(numlock has to be on) then he letter "o" small case, then alt and 167 again

ºoº --see!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter