What states or countries have you lived in?

New York
Massachusetts
Pennsylvania
New Hampshire
Pennsylvania
Maine

The total for the first 5 states was 33 years. I have just reached 34 years in Maine.

Massachusetts - 29 years
New Hampshire - 4 years
New York - 30 years (although split with Florida for the past 5 years)

NC 1
Tx 23
Fl 3 1/2
Tx 2 1/2
Fl 2 1/2
Tx 4 ish
Cal 2 1/2
Tx coming up on 12

Kentucky - 26 years
Germany - 3 years
Alaska - 3 years
Massachusetts- 2 years
California-18 months
Alabama - 3 years
Colorado - 3.5 years
Texas - 6 months so far but will be 2-3 years

I learned to love almost every one of them. Massachusetts was not a favorite but I enjoyed the history there. I haven't quite found the love here in Texas yet, but we are 3 hours from anywhere so it has been an adjustment.

Kentucky - 26 years
Germany - 3 years
Alaska - 3 years
Massachusetts- 2 years
California-18 months
Alabama - 3 years
Colorado - 3.5 years
Texas - 6 months so far but will be 2-3 years

I learned to love almost every one of them. Massachusetts was not a favorite but I enjoyed the history there. I haven't quite found the love here in Texas yet, but we are 3 hours from anywhere so it has been an adjustment.
Which part of Texas are you in? Also, welcome. :)

Which part of Texas are you in? Also, welcome. :)

We moved to the San Angelo area. I'm sure it will grow on us. We have found the people to be very warm and friendly. We moved from Colorado Springs, so a much different environment in which to adapt.
And thanks for the welcome.

We moved to the San Angelo area. I'm sure it will grow on us. We have found the people to be very warm and friendly. We moved from Colorado Springs, so a much different environment in which to adapt.
And thanks for the welcome.
Oh yes, that area is a bit isolated. I've been in Colorado Springs which I thought was lovely but it probably couldn't be more different!

You are not all that far from Hill Country and then down to San Antonio. I suggest checking those out when you get a chance if you haven't yet.

States: Maryland intermittently for 38 years
Florida - 12 years

Countries: Panama -1 year
Spain - 2 years
Peru - 2 years
Turkey - 2 years
England - 2 years
Indonesia - 3 years
Cote d'Ivoire - 2 years
The Philippines -2 years
Germany - 2 years

No, not a military brat. DH and I were with the State Department (Foreign Service) serving at Consulates and Embassies throughout the world. Counting vacations, we've visited or lived on every continent except Antarctica.

Queen Colleen

Kenya- 0-18
Washington- 18-22
California- 22-39
North Carolina- 39-49

I did spend several months in a few other places (mostly placed I "summered" but more than just a trip or short visit)

South Africa
England
Indonesia
Singapore

I grew up in OH, and due to DH's military career have lived in VA, WA and FL. DH is now retired from the military and are calling FL home for a second time and loving every second of it.

Massachusetts 5 years
New Hampshire k-12
West Germany (1 year as high school exchange student)
Connecticut - 4 years for college shared with NH when not in school
Massachusetts - since

PA 2.5 years
NC 6.5 years
MD 33.5 years and 1.5 more years here and then back to NC

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter