• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What Special Treat Would You Pick?

Ldat7

Earning My Ears
Hi all, we are going to DLR in August for our anniversary. I wanted to do something special for DH and I and had a few ideas. To provide some context, we usually don't ever have reservations when we go -- we normally opt for quick service and maybe a Blue Bayou lunch or dinner every once in a while. We typically aren't nighttime entertainment people since DH has a knee issue (but refuses to get an ECV) so standing for very long periods of time or sitting on the ground has never been in the cards for us. We've never seen Fantasmic! or Paint the Night, so I'm leaning toward doing one of the seated options for those --

1) River Belle Premium Seating - this is probably our only shot at ever seeing F! due to DH's knee. I've heard you can stay for fireworks too, which we've also never done.

2) Sonoma Terrace Paint the Night Reception - similar reason as above (obv no fireworks here after)

As an alternative I was thinking of just a nice dinner. Note that I am a vegetarian, so Napa Rose Chef's counter doesn't really appeal to us.

3) Carthay Circle dinner - this place seems really nice and we've only ever been to the lounge, which we loved

Are there other things I am not thinking of? What would you pick?

Agree, do #1.

PTN is awesome but I think there are other options for you. There are benches in a few places along the parade route (or see post on here about a "secret" spot on the wharf). It might not be the best viewing but you don't have to be super close to appreciate PTN.

Agree, do #1.

PTN is awesome but I think there are other options for you. There are benches in a few places along the parade route (or see post on here about a "secret" spot on the wharf). It might not be the best viewing but you don't have to be super close to appreciate PTN.

This^

F! is a great show and as good as the paint the night parade sounds ( I haven’t seen it so far) I guess it still is „just“ a parade... and I think catching the parade „somehow“ by other means should work out as well for you. Viewing might not be perfect but you can still enjoy it.

Do you sit in Riverbelle's outdoor seating area for the show? Looking at the website, I see a disclaimer saying the seating areas are seperate from the restaurant and then a vague line about the option to pay an additional 25.00 per person to watch the show from your seat.

Fantasmic is an awesome show and if you can hang out there after the fireworks to let the mass of crowds disperse, that is maybe the BEST way to do it! My least favorite part of the big shows is loading the venue and then slooowly shuffling out. I get a bit claustrophobic when there is ZERO open space around me.

I can't find that menu anywhere - you'd think Disney was trying to guard it!

Do you sit in Riverbelle's outdoor seating area for the show? Looking at the website, I see a disclaimer saying the seating areas are seperate from the restaurant and then a vague line about the option to pay an additional 25.00 per person to watch the show from your seat.

Fantasmic is an awesome show and if you can hang out there after the fireworks to let the mass of crowds disperse, that is maybe the BEST way to do it! My least favorite part of the big shows is loading the venue and then slooowly shuffling out. I get a bit claustrophobic when there is ZERO open space around me.

I can't find that menu anywhere - you'd think Disney was trying to guard it!

There are two types of dining packages at RBT. With the regular one you can enjoy your meal at it's scheduled time and are given a pass to get in one of the prime areas down by the water. Here you will sit on the concrete. The deluxe package is the more expensive one and they will seat you on the patio and you can stay there for when the show begins. This is a further away but relatively nice view.

The menu for the dining packages lets you select from certain items (though I hear it's no problem to substitute sides). A run-down and the current menu can be found here:
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2017/...package-at-river-belle-terrace-in-disneyland/

I hope that helps.

There are two types of dining packages at RBT. With the regular one you can enjoy your meal at it's scheduled time and are given a pass to get in one of the prime areas down by the water. Here you will sit on the concrete. The deluxe package is the more expensive one and they will seat you on the patio and you can stay there for when the show begins. This is a further away but relatively nice view.

The menu for the dining packages lets you select from certain items (though I hear it's no problem to substitute sides). A run-down and the current menu can be found here:
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2017/...package-at-river-belle-terrace-in-disneyland/

I hope that helps.

That is perfect, thank you so much!

The menu looks awesome - seems like a lot of choices!

Thanks all for the replies! I think we are going with option #1 (RBT Upgrade). I'm making my reservations tomorrow AM.

But, I just recently read a post about another member asking about the same package and a few people noted the few is really crummy. Now I'm a bit deflated. For those who have done it, is it really that bad? I'm seeing mixed reviews on different websites. Someone on here said all they could see was torsos and heads since everyone in the other reserved sections were standing (I thought they were supposed to sit?). That doesn't sound like much of a premium if that is the norm. I guess it's better than not seeing it at all, but I just don't want to walk away thinking it was a colossal waste of $$ if we can't see the show.

Thanks all for the replies! I think we are going with option #1 (RBT Upgrade). I'm making my reservations tomorrow AM.

But, I just recently read a post about another member asking about the same package and a few people noted the few is really crummy. Now I'm a bit deflated. For those who have done it, is it really that bad? I'm seeing mixed reviews on different websites. Someone on here said all they could see was torsos and heads since everyone in the other reserved sections were standing (I thought they were supposed to sit?). That doesn't sound like much of a premium if that is the norm. I guess it's better than not seeing it at all, but I just don't want to walk away thinking it was a colossal waste of $$ if we can't see the show.

I preface this by saying that I have not done the RBT deluxe package myself. Personally, having visited the parks many times, I wouldn't choose this option. The sight lines could be very bad depending and you just don't know until you are there experiencing it for yourself. You are not all that close to the action, and there is a lot of space and people between you and what you are trying to watch. That being said, it does sound like you are in a party for whom sitting on the ground may simply not be an option, so if you are choosing between watching the show this way or skipping it all together, then I wouldn't say not to try it. The regular dining option is expensive already and a complete waste of money if it won't serve the needs of your party, so an upcharge for a better chance of finding an experience that suits your group may just be worth it. I would go in with "low expectations" focusing on the reality that having a seat to sit in is of primary importance to your party and hoping that you are one of the more fortunate guests who gets seated close to the railing and doesn't have too many bobbing heads and bodies and too much noisy distraction between you and the show. I have little awareness of how the disability seating works, but if you want a more up close view of the show, then it sounds like your only other option with your husband's knee issue is to convince him to sit in a wheelchair or ECV for the show. Even so, you will still need to have a fastpass, either the free kind or a dining one, for best results and arrive early to secure a spot in the disability sub-section of that viewing area.

Is the fantasmic the same as Disney world’s?
It has some parts the same and many parts different.while WDW has benches which are nice many Disney fans believe the Disneyland version is better. Disneyland has Peter Pan and WDW has Pocahontas. There are a few other differences. Worth seeing both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter