• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What "special" things have you had concierge do?

wannabee princess

DIS Veteran
Over and above making PS arrangements, tee times and the like, what have you requested from concierge?

I recall some mentioning they set up to get animals (like Beanie Babies) delivered while they would be out for the day. Is there anything else that you have had arranged?

Thanks!

Flowers for the room was really the only thing I can think of.

We were at the AKL this year for my birthday, and they sent a cake, although we didn't request it.

Anne

For my DS's 7th bd two years ago they sent up balloons and autographed pictures (no charge for any) for him and his sister - very nice! :) (I had contacted the YC before our arrival and made these plans - I also asked when we checked in just to make sure)

In June we were down there for our (16th) anniversary and the AKL sent us some perfume/cologne and a card which I thought was very nice! (Our t/a had it written on our reservations that it was our anniversary)

Jill

Our children all received signed cards and balloons upon arrival. We also received a chocolate picture frame. We also got a great surprise of an illumination cruise our first night...I only requested this 2 weeks before arrived. The cruise was one of the highlights of our trip. The children we really surprise to get the balloons & cards!

Hi,

I had concierge do "pillow gifts" for my DD9..

At AKL, Don bought Safari Beanie babies and the turndown housekeeper left one on her bed every night... it was so much fun, Noel was dragging me back to the room each night to see what was waiting. :)

The second time was at Beach Club, I did DVD movies as pillow gifts, every night the turndown housekeeper left a new DVD on her pillow.

Other things I have done, the concierge arrranged a welcome gift at AKL - t was a sorcerer mickey backpack filled with disney stuff all wrapped in cellophane.

At BC they had a Pal Mickey in the room waiting for us and guest of honor badges with our names.

Concierge booked the "Breathless" illuminations cruise for us and was able to get us breakfast with cinderella both times we requested it.

The other thing that came in handy was when restaurants were sold out... we stopped by Boma at 5pm to ask about dinner for that night.. they told us nothing available until 8:30pm.

I mentioned it to concierge and they called down and had a table for us immediately... when we went down again we were taken straight to our table past large groups of people waiiting with the flashing coasters... concierge really gives you great perks.

>>^..^<<

After our wedding, the concierge staff shipped our wedding things like bouquet, cake topper, etc. back home for us. The resort (don't know if it was concierge or not) gave us a half-bottle of champagne and a pink rose one night on each of our past 2 stays. We also got roses in our towels, from Mousekeeping, while we were staying concierge.
Cheers!
Heather W

I wanted to ask this for awhile...when you request this stuff...do they charge you??

Originally posted by DisneyDmbNut
I wanted to ask this for awhile...when you request this stuff...do they charge you??

It depends. If you request something like a cake or champagne, you'll probably get charged, but not always. if you let the concierge staff know about a celebration usually they'll send a cake or other appropriate sentiment complimentary.

Items like floral arrangements, beanie babies, etc. you pay for.

Anne

Hi.. I paid for all my pillow gifts & the pal mickey.. but you don't pay for any of the services to have them put out every night, there is no charge for this.

They have also left little surpises in the rooms for us free of charge such as carved giraffes at AKL, choclate strawberries at BC, a princess diary for my DD(, balloons etc...

Cass...

I have gifts that I'm bringing with me to put out for my sons each night in AKL-C, but how do I go about this? I mean, can I give concierge the whole bag of things and leave it to them to put out each night, or do I give concierge the items per night? When we didn't stay at concierge level, I just sneakily left the items on the bed and the Mousekeeper always arranged them nicely. But this time I don't want the hassle of trying to get them out of the room so that I can put out the things.

For our first night, I bought 2 monogramed Mickey robes from the Disneystore.com and want to ask concierge to have the turndown service lay them out on the beds.

I'm sure as my trip gets closer, I'll call and ask, but I just love all this planning ahead.

The first time the concierge bought everything for me too.. I never even saw the items untul they were left out each night.

room2.jpg

The second time I fedexed the pillow gifts a week ahead of our arrival to the concierge - again I never saw them until they were left out each night.

They will do it for you - no problem,

>>^..^<<

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter