• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What souvenirs do you like to purchase?

For me? A Christmas ornament or t-shirt. For my kids I encourage them to get princess dress up, t-shirts / sweatshirts, or games - stuff I know they’ll actually use. I really discourage stuffed animals.

Corkcicle metal tumbler from flower and garden last time. Getting the new orange bird one this time. If we get a free shipping code from shopdisney, I will get one from there because it is $10 less than the ones at Epcot. I also love the reusable bags.

We have a couple but it depends if they have something we like. We try to purchase a Christmas ornament each trip and/or new °o° Ears.

I will say with both of them now it’s only if we find something we really like as both have increased in price so much that we don’t buy unless we really like it.

One of my favorite parts of the trip, especially now that most Disney stores are gone, is shopping. We buy a souvenir from each resort we stay at, sometimes that's an ornament, Tervis, or beach towel. One of my sons collects pins, the other collects plush (he's limited to 3 per trip), I loved the 50th and 100th collections, so I've bought a good deal of that. During festival of the arts I bought prints. I've bought the silhouettes at magic kingdom, as well as earrings--I love earrings! My husband buys random things that speak to him, he's a big Pirates fan and came home with a Pluto holding jail keys from the last trip. Another collection my oldest has is the helmets from Star Wars, it has to be the full helmet, not the toy style ones with straps on the back. I usually pick up a couple of shirts for myself, and the kids. In other words, we buy a lot. I could type this out all day😉🙃.

We tend to go with Coffee Mugs, pins, and polo shirts. We did get the wine glasses from Food and Wine a few years back. I think those are our favorites.

Fridge magnet and pin from each new resort or special event/party.

I might get a shirt (or sweatshirt) every 3rd or 4th trip. Rarely find one I like so it works out about that often.

I used to get the Goofy Candy Co gummies every trip, but they didn’t have them my last two trips. Only the sugar free ones. Not sure what was up. I really like them.

Every so often I find something new or unique but I have had trips with little to no souvenirs.

I actually still have the first souvenir I ever bought from Disney World in 2009. A large clear Tervis cup. I didn’t even know they were a thing. I just liked it. Same with DL, I have a sleep shirt I bought from my first ever park in 1999. It’s literally ragged. Just can’t bring myself to dump it.

Last edited:
I have some kitchen gadgets, a set of plastic wine glasses, some tea towels. Next time I want to get some lunch plates. I keep seeing things online, but by the time I get to visit, they're gone. Would like an Orange Bird Big Foot.

Last month, I picked up the 50th-anniversary foaming soap dispenser (puts soap in a Mickey shape on your hand). I also purchased a 50th-anniversary license plate frame. However, turns out I outsmarted myself because one license plate screw on my car had become internally stripped/unanchored and now I need a body shop to tear that screw out and repair the screw assembly. So at the moment, I cannot affix the plate frame properly. :sad:

But, I do like the soap dispenser, so--you win some, you lose some.

I love attraction/land-specific merch and pins. Pins, more than anything else, though. They don't take up a ton of space, are generally affordable and act as a sort of "badge of honor" of places we've been or attractions we love once they are on display at home.

I'm stoked that the new 25th anniversary Animal Kingdom pin line features DINOSAUR and "it's tough to be bug!", two attractions that needed more pin love! They'll probably be gone by the time we get there in May, though.

I collect golf balls with locations and period of time listing. I use to buy a Mickey one every time I went there. The first time they failed me was on Disneyland's 50th Anniversary. I searched everywhere for a commemorative golf ball, no luck. After that they more or less just stopped completely, Disney Parks wise.

I don't wear dresses so didn't buy this for me, but I was at WDW with an extended family group, including my lovely niece who is a 5th grade school teacher who adores Disney and has always been my Disney princess. I have a wonderful son in the late 20s , but no daughters. Anyway, I got her an absolutely adorable A line Disney print dress at the Dress Shop on Cherry Creek Lane at Disney Springs. She tried on a few and the one we got she and I absolutely loved. It was so much fun to get this for her.

If you'd wear this type of thing, I highly recommend checking this out.

She even sent me a photo when she wore it on a special Disney day at her school. It was such a hit will all her students and colleagues, It was so cute, light blue, red trim, flower print with little almost hidden Mickeys.

We have some go to items that we get on our trips. What we actually purchase depends on if we REALLY like it. Lately, the price and quality have come into the equation as well.
We like to get, ears, towels, kitchen gadgets, mugs, t-shirts, spirit jerseys, loungefly backpacks.. and my newest thing I love is the shoulder plushes.
I usually only buy one or two things per trip.

We have a few that have become traditions:
- A Christmas ornament decided on as a family
- If it is a new hotel location for us we get a Larry Dotson print of that resort
- I get a Year and hotel pin- I have them displayed in order in our office so I can always remember the trips

After those we get random stuff (honestly it feels like it's mostly resort refillable mugs) depending on the budget.

Mugs, mugs , and mugs. Also some other kitchen things. I don't usually by clothing, which may seem strange :coffee:

Hoodies, so I can think Disney thoughts during the long, cold winters at home.
I feel like they never have any good hoodie designs. I just want a regular hoodie with Mickey or the Castle outline or something. All their hoodies are always obscure or extra.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter