What should kids and I do while daddy's at meeting?

moymo

Earning My Ears
We are having the good fortune of getting a surprise trip this March because my husband has business in Orlando. His meetings will mostly be in the mornings and he'll be back by 12-12:30pm. We go to WDW often so this isn't a once in a lifetime trip, so we are good to chill out and have fun. Question is what I can do with the 2 DS(6&2) by myself. I don't feel brave enough to take them to the parks. I don't swim but am not afraid of the water, so I thought a kiddie pool would work. We have ressies at ASMo (which we have never stayed in) and the Poly(but way expensive), but I am leaning toward the ASMo because it looks like we could just walk around the resort looking at all the cool stuff. Any sugestions or experiences would be much appreciated. Thanks. :o)

If you can afford the extra expense I would stay at the Polynesian no question. There is sooo much to do there, lei making, arts & crafts in the lobby, and a ukelele player, storyteller. The kids club has drop in arts & crafts all day no fee and there are also games at the pool. You can do a character breakfast right at O'hana's or just ride the monorail. You could ride the monorail to the Contemporary and have a character meal at chef mickys. You have the beach as well as the pools. The volcano pool is great for the 2yo since it's a zero entry pool. They have some quiet pools and a good playground as well.

I have stayed at the all stars and they seemed so spread out and really not much other than swimming and playground for the kids. The "Icon's" got old for my girls real fast. Although any hotel "in disney" is great and you will have fun at both places my vote would be Polynesian hands down.
Enjoy
TJ

I think the ASMO is OK for small children. If your wanting to spend money on other things besides lodging it is fine. But if I had the extra money I would stay at the Poly. #1 your on the monorail and my small childrens favorite park is MK.

Also just wanted to add that if you stay at the Poly you might get brave and venture to the parks - it is just so convenient with the monorail. Easy to get back to "home" also! Hopping on the monorail and visiting other resorts like the above poster said too would be very easy. You could check out a new place each day.

Just a thought...why not go to Downtown Disney? It would be similar to taking them out shopping. There's the interactive water fountain, Lego store, etc. I seem to recall my kids being on a small carousel as well as a train. I think crowds would be light for early weekday mornings.

With kids your age and with DH at meetings a good portion of the time, staying at a higher end resort with more activities for the kids may be worthwhile since you would actually have time to enjoy the resort.

Sharon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter