What should I put on the end of my lanyard?

M&E

Mouseketeer
A friend got me into pin trading this past week. So much fun! (I know this isn't an "attraction" but it was something fun for us to do at the theme park... feel free to move to another board:)

Here's the question: What the heck do I put on the end of my lanyard? I feel like it looks funny without something on the end, but we don't have room keys or tickets anymore. Thoughts?

There are metal character things you can attach to your lanyard. On Ebay look up "metal lanyard" and you'll find some examples. Not sure what the official name is.

I’ve been putting my phone on my lanyards the last few trips. It’s a bit heavy, bur if you get the thicker lanyards, it distributes the weight a bit more evenly. I also keep a wrist lanyard attached to my phone at the same time, so having both options handy for whichever reason I need it is helpful.

(Been getting the lanyards that have that piece you can pop off and on easily from Disney)

There are metal character things you can attach to your lanyard. On Ebay look up "metal lanyard" and you'll find some examples. Not sure what the official name is.
That sounds cute!

I’ve been putting my phone on my lanyards the last few trips. It’s a bit heavy, bur if you get the thicker lanyards, it distributes the weight a bit more evenly. I also keep a wrist lanyard attached to my phone at the same time, so having both options handy for whichever reason I need it is helpful.

(Been getting the lanyards that have that piece you can pop off and on easily from Disney)
I think that might be too heavy around my neck (phone) but not a bad idea.

I think that might be too heavy around my neck (phone) but not a bad idea.
yeah, if it was a constant weight, I’d probably have done differently, but because I’m constantly taking it on and off for different reasons (pictures, DAS, mobile orders, texting, etc), it’s not as bad. Not for everyone though.

You could put the active part of your Magic Band in it. There plenty „Magic Band puck holders“ available from third parties. I think Disney sold things like that, too, at some point. Not sure they still do.

Last edited:

I don't pin trade, but I've used a lanyard pouch to hold my credit card, a little cash, a few tissues, and a few bandaids. I don't carry any type of bag to the parks, so I like to put my cash and credit cards in something more secure than my pocket.

Name, emergency phone number and blood type, possible NDR? Might come in handy in case you get injured.

I put a small plastic wallet sized (kind of like you would put ID in) and put a picture of my dogs in it. As far as the hanging lanyard metal pieces I got the Figment one years ago and it kept popping up and hitting me in the face...lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter