What should I expect to spend

jamen65

Earning My Ears
Per day on food?
We are a family of 4 me dh ds4 & dd2&1/2. I was thinking one sit down per day.We are staying on sight with no car. Buffett probally since dd will be free ,we are staying concierge so drinks & breakfast should not be included. Is 100.00 per day resonable? That is a lot of money or am I not in the Disney state of mind? Any $$ saving suggestions would be great
Thanks

A sit down will probably run about 50-60 minimum per meal. Counter service is kinda reasonable. I have 4 in my family and we are going to budget about 150/day....just in cast. We are going to do some character meals as well. Why not check out http://www.wdwig.com/menu/menus.htm and then you can look at the menus and see the prices if you have not done so already. Good luck.

There are also four of us - MIL, husband, 9yr son and myself. I have planned -
Sit down - $75
Counter service - $35
Breakfast - $10
Snacks - $25
using MILs 20% off FL Disney dining card
This is $150 per day. We'll be gone 10 nights.

For myself, DH, DD (17) and DS (2 1/2) i am budgeting $250 a day for everyting. We already have our tickets so i figure that should be enough for everything else. Michelle

For myself and BF I usually budget $120 per day on food, and it usually averages out since some days we might not do any sit-down, and some days the sit-down might cost quite a bit.

For the 2 of us a counter-service meal usually runs $15-$20. The table service ones are a little more difficult to calculate, anywhere from $50-$100+ for 2 people. We usually eat a small breakfast, like pick up a pastry and orange juice, and that costs between $6-$10 for 2. We'll usually splurge on one character breakfast per trip which is about $35-$40 for 2 adults. An occasional sit-down breakfast runs about $20 for 2.

And don't forget to save a few $$$ for those Mickey bars and other goodies!

As for some budget eating tips, one of the best bargains IMHO is the Norway Buffet (Akershus), particularly at lunch. I think it's something like $11.95 per adult (not sure if cost went up), and we really like the food too! They used to offer a DC discount of 10%. If you have DC, you may want to check the website to see which restaurants offer discounts. Same for AP.

I've also heard great things about the Boma buffet, and the price seems very reasonable there as well.

And you've probably already heard this, but a sit-down lunch will almost always save $$$ over dinner for the same items.

Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter