What rides in all parks would bother someone with dizziness or motion sickness?

I still remember three years ago when we took the kids to MK and no one would ride Space Mountain with me, so I went on alone. I had never had issues on it before, but for some reason, this time was different. I got sick almost immediately and was green by the end of the ride. I then got to walk across Tomorrow Land to meet up with everyone and my husband took one look at me and started laughing. He went and got me a coke and I sat for a while. I thought I was feeling better so on we went to Tom Sawyer's raft to go to the Island. Right there in the raft, in front of dozens of people up came everything! I was mortified. My family literally turned their backs and pretended they didn't know me :( Looking back on it it was hilarious, but at the time, not so much. I am now SUPER cautious because that experience left me feeling awful the next several hours and I couldn't enjoy the rest of the park.

What about Everest bothered you? Was it the backwards part? RnR I won't do anyway, due to neck issues.
I feel that it was the backwards motion and there are some faster drops/curves. For me sometimes my balance issues depend on the day - hot weather, lack of sleep a head cold -- all will make my symptoms worse. I dread the day i get pulled over and ever have to do a sobriety test -- I would NEVER drink and drive, but with that said even on a good day i lose my balance at times.

I might pre medicate with some meclezine (?sp) something non drowsy so that i may limit any effect of these rides.

My hubby is really prone to motion sickness and he couldn't do pretty much any of the rollercoasters (even Barnstormer which is one of the smaller coasters), Star Tours made him really ill. He didn't even want to try Flight of Passage.

I feel that it was the backwards motion and there are some faster drops/curves. For me sometimes my balance issues depend on the day - hot weather, lack of sleep a head cold -- all will make my symptoms worse. I dread the day i get pulled over and ever have to do a sobriety test -- I would NEVER drink and drive, but with that said even on a good day i lose my balance at times.

I might pre medicate with some meclezine (?sp) something non drowsy so that i may limit any effect of these rides.

Everest actually hurt my head at the end of it. It is SO FAST and there is lots of snap turns and yes, going backwards... my daughter loved it and I usually love coasters and will try all of them, but I had a brutal headache after Everest. I'll never do that one again.

Simulators are rough for sure. I skip all of them

I also get sick on the Safari. Ugh, all of those bumps. I used to push through it but I don't anymore. I can see giraffes and lions down the street from my house so I'm good

I've also gotten woozy on Jungle Cruise and the ferry over to MK.

I'm a good time ;)

I’m not a person who is prone to motion sickness AT ALL, but I did feel queasy one time when I rode EE twice in a row. It is the backwards part that can get pretty intense. Also, I’ve been on FoP 5 times (different days, not all in a row, lol), and felt sick after the 4th time. It seemed like I got a “bad” pair of glasses that made the screen blurry, and that made me feel queasy, so watch out for that.

I can't do Star Tours, Everest, or Tea Cups. I haven't tried Space Mountain, but dark places make me queezy so that's out. I won't even attempt Mission Space.

Surprisingly, I'm fine on Soarin.

ETA; also haven't tried FOP, not sure if I will.

There's quite a few rides that set off my motion sickness but these are the worst: Star Tours!!!, Mission Space, EE.

I actually hate going on Mission space but I keep doing it because I love my DH and he loves this ride. I can't even watch the screen. I have to hold the little barf bag up to block the screen (because you can't close your eyes without it getting much worse). Still nauseous when it's over but it's much more bearable this way.

Star Tours is rough! Very immersive and very nauseating. Have you been to Universal? They have a LOT of these rides (Simpson ride, I'm looking at you!).

Expedition Everest is my favorite Disney ride (with Splash mountain riding in a close second). It's fun and not too intimidating. I only get nauseous because I tend to go on it 4-5 times in a row first thing in the morning (no lines).

Like everyone else says, stay away from star tours!! My friend about RAN off that ride and into the bathroom. She gets motion sick and stays away from anything that's simulated or spins.

I'm even shaky after SDMT and I cant even watch my daughter on the Teacups!
Now, we have FP for FOP first thing Saturday AM and I still haven't decided if I'm going to try it or not. I obviously WANT to, but don't want to ruin the remainder of the day ( I dont bounce back as quick as I used to).
Right now I'm leaning towards popping a Dramamine an hour before and hoping for the best...hahaha! Anyone tried this approach?

I'm even shaky after SDMT and I cant even watch my daughter on the Teacups!
Now, we have FP for FOP first thing Saturday AM and I still haven't decided if I'm going to try it or not. I obviously WANT to, but don't want to ruin the remainder of the day ( I dont bounce back as quick as I used to).
Right now I'm leaning towards popping a Dramamine an hour before and hoping for the best...hahaha! Anyone tried this approach?
Do whatever you gotta do to get through it, this is a must do at all costs lol. FoP gives me goosebumps. It is a very smooth ride, not jerky at all. The 3D glasses and screen may bother you, though.

I guess this is what I was looking for. Exactly, best way to describe it, thank you!

Did you have any ear issues that led to your difficulty? Is this the vestibular therapy?
Yup - I did vestibular therapy. I'm not 100% "cured" - I still have troubles more than most folks - but I can tolerate SO much more now. IMAX movies would make me sick before PT!

Yup - I did vestibular therapy. I'm not 100% "cured" - I still have troubles more than most folks - but I can tolerate SO much more now. IMAX movies would make me sick before PT!

Can I Send you a message or can you send me one? Would love to chat with you more about this. Thanks!

Does closing your eyes solve the problem? Is the screen moving mostly or the chair, etc? Never been on anything like that.
The "banshee" you are on moves some in relation to the HUGE movie screen in front of you. I find that I can't cope when the "flight" of your banshee gets super fast - I have to close my eyes during those parts. But with the wind, music, movement of the banshee you are sitting on, and the movie - all of my brain/ears/eyes can make sense of most of this and I don't get sick. Now - I've probably missed 20-25% of the movie because of closing my eyes.

I found Everest bothered me. I have inner ear balance issues and can handle most roller coasters but found i was a little wobbly after Everest. It could have also been that it was the last day of our trip after numerous long days and the heat. RnR is another one. Otherwise i think most other rides are tame compared to say universal.

Many of my health issues stem from an inner ear disorder.
I'm also a wimp-so I've not attempted Everest nor rnr.
I do however love dinosaur & star tours; no issues at all.
On the teacups-I ride holding onto the wheel to prevent spinning and enjoy it.

At universal-I was green after hpfj-we then thought cat in the hat would be a nice gentle ride-but no!!
My Dd who normally rides anything-also felt queasy after hpfj.

I get horribly motion sick very easily (has happened on a straight road before...), however, for the most part, I'm pretty tolerant of Disney rides. I can only do Star Tours once before I need to wait several hours before doing it again. Expedition Everest is one that after multiple rides I start to feel a little queasy, but everything else (other than Mission: Space, which I haven't ridden before), I'm good.

Occasionally someone gets sick on Space Mountain. I’ve rarely heard of anyone getting sick on Soarin’ but I’m sure it could happen. People get sick on FOP. You could definitely get sick on Star Tours and especially Mission Space. I’m sure I’m missing something but I can’t think of any more.

I can’t do motion simulators or loops anymore so rock and roll rollercoaster is out.

I can pretty much do the rest but I do get nervous “am I going to throw up” so that plays with my brain.

Oh and I won’t try mission space and definitely no FOP for me.

I’m also one that can’t do the simulator rides. If it hadn’t been for the air blowing in my face on Mission: Space things would’ve gotten ugly. I’ve had issues on Star Tours, Mission: Space (both orange and green for some reason), and Primeval Whirl. I used to have issues on the Teacups but my son loves them so I just find something in the teacup to stare at, usually Mickey’s face on our book bag, and I focus on it the entire time. I didn’t try FoP because I’m convinced it wouldn’t go well. I got a little dizzy on RnRC last time but EE and ToT are two of my favorites, I could ride them both over and over again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter