What Rides / Attractions Are You "Retired" From???

I haven't retired anything but I am on hiatus from anything my kids aren't tall enough to go on.

Don't get me wrong - I love all the thrill rides and have been on them countless times - but I made an unofficial rule that while my kids are little I'm not going to waste any time doing stuff they can't do and rediscover the thrills with them when they're tall enough. Without fitting those rides in we do so many other things we didn't do before!

My oldest is 2.5 and a half inch away from being able to ride 7DMT in a month! She'll be able to do Barnstormer. Neither of those classify as particularly scary, but I am excited to rediscover the thrills as my kids experience all of them for the first time.

Silly Symphony Swings (or any ride like it)

As much as I despise some other rides and will never again go on them without major motivation, I would never be caught dead anywhere near the entrance of a swing ride.
Thankfully there is no such ride at WDW. But the gondolas are not something I am looking forward to

Space Mountain - hurts my neck because I'm height challenged and my head jerks around.
RNRC - same thing

Otherwise, there are some rides I don't ride and only rode them once to start with just to say I did - Star Tours, Mission Space

Some I don't do every trip and some I haven't done in years but just because we aren't focused so much on rides any more. We don't do any of the kid's rides except SDMT every once in awhile and Peter Pan every once in awhile.

I don't do the ride in Mexico any more because I didn't like it after they added the cartoons, we loved it before then.

Unless there's a major refurb or my daughter decides to give it another try, I'm retired from Space Mountain. I'm also retired from Tower of Terror - again unless my daughter decides to try it. I'll do anything for her, especially if she summons up enough courage to try something she hasn't before.

I rode the teacups by myself the first time because DH and DD swore they would get sick. After that, I managed to convince my daughter to give it a try by promising to let her control the wheel. It worked and she had a great time. DH still has never ridden them.

I can't do the teacups because my sister gets very dizzy. I'd have to wheel her around the park for the rest of the day if we rode those. And Primeval Whirl (Primeval Hurl). We went on that for the first time in 2011. Wild Mouse ride, right? Harmless, right? Nope. We spent so much time sliding form one side of the seat to the other, afraid we were going to be tossed out even though there's a safety bar, that we were praying to Jesus to keep us safe (Jesus no doubt, was laughing). And I have to say Dumbo. I went on it in the late 90s with a bunch of a kids of course. I felt like the biggest old doofus there was. Never again.

Retired
Dinosaur: (Short jerky over hyped ride)
IASW: (for the reason given above post)
Everest: I love roller coasters this one fall short on thrills
Jungle Cruise: Same ole speil. Same ole long wait.
Indy race cars: Gas fumes
Living Seas: Haven't been there since it was Sea Base Alpha
Ellen: Not even worth squeezing in one more time before it closes!

My daughter and I did the Tiki Room last summer for the first time and promptly retired ourselves from it. Just don't get the appeal.

I have retired myself from the following rides: Kali River Rapids (I always end up totally soaked and miserable) and AstroOrbiter (It's too hard to get in and out of the rockets

Rides I almost never ride because they just don't appeal to me much (they are more like once every few years rides): tea cups, carousel, Dumbo, Aladdin, Triceratops Twirl

I retired myself from Mission Space long ago.

After my last trip I have retired myself from Dinosaur.

Unwillingly (as in kicking a screaming :sad:) for health reasons I need to retire myself from Space, Big Thunder, Rock N Roller Coaster, possibly even every coaster or ride with drops but I will find out more on Thursday. If I am told no more Tower of Terror I will just be a shell of myself on my next WDW trip. :sad1:

Another Mission Space here. I've enjoyed it every time I've gone on it.....but still experience anxiety every time I think about riding it. That closed space is just too much, and I'm always thinking I'll have a weird stroke or something. So why go on something anymore if it's painful thinking about it.

I sure miss Horizons......I would ride that over, and over and over again!

Retired from Space Mountain due to the jarring and headache I will enevitably have afterwards.
I'm thinking of retiring from Dinosaur because of the wavy motion- it makes me mildly nauseous. It's getting to be too jarring, too.

Have never done, so not really retired, but same idea:
Teacups (don't like spinning in circles)
Astro Orbitor (heights)
Rock n Roller Coaster (upside down)

Space Mountain also, we didn't like how intense it had gotten. Also Mission Space. We also never do Tower of Terror

When my DBF was little, he ran screaming out of the Tiki Room when the totem pole started talking :lmao:How I wished I could've witnessed that! I'm sure he's retired the Tiki Room, and will not be doing it for his upcoming trip :rotfl:

ROFL. Poor kid. Who can blame 'im!

Retired from Space Mountain due to the jarring and headache I will enevitably have afterwards.
I'm thinking of retiring from Dinosaur because of the wavy motion- it makes me mildly nauseous. It's getting to be too jarring, too.

Have never done, so not really retired, but same idea:
Teacups (don't like spinning in circles)
Astro Orbitor (heights)
Rock n Roller Coaster (upside down)

Those darn TeaCups. Who knew?

Kali River Rapids - don't appreciate being soaked for extended periods of time
Teacups - all the spinning has me like :faint:
Primevil Whirl - too hurky jerky

oh, and by the way, you kids get off of my lawn!!!

Space Mountain. Used to be the one I did the most... but haven't done it in the last few trips. Might take it out of retirement this trip.

Hall of Presidents... will be tough to ever get me back in there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter