What restaurants won’t you go to again?

Hollywood Brown Derby and BOMA, got wicked food poisoning at both on different trips. :crazy2:
I’m not saying you didn’t have food poisoning, but I found out a few years ago that the poison can be in your system for a couple of weeks even, so it’s hard to pinpoint. My husband and I were in Hawaii and he got sick within a few hours after breakfast. We flew home and I had a worse case 5 days later. The doctor said it’s why it can be hard to sue a restaurant unless it’s a large case. Sucks any way you look at it.

New one to add from our December trip: Akershus! My daughter dropped the fish tongs on the floor at the buffet. We immediately went to tell one of the servers (because the floor was yuck!) and she DIDN'T CARE! I watched her put them back....I know they are working on work visas and all, but it's just not OK to ignore sanitation like that.

New one to add from our December trip: Akershus! My daughter dropped the fish tongs on the floor at the buffet. We immediately went to tell one of the servers (because the floor was yuck!) and she DIDN'T CARE! I watched her put them back....I know they are working on work visas and all, but it's just not OK to ignore sanitation like that.
OMG

Be Our Guest... it’s not what it used to be. Always crowded and food is not that great anymore as it was when it first opened.

The Edison - horrible food, terrible service, got food poisoning. Never again.
Hollywood and Vine - terrible buffet. Backlot Express was bad in January.
Liberty Tree is just bad. Stove top stuffing and potato flake for mashed.
The Dig Site. Nothing special.
LeCellier is just getting too expensive and food quality going down. Last time we ate there my steak was poorly cooked and all gristle and that was the second one.

Skippers canteen - the food on the menu sounded gourmet and it was barely edible quality
Tony’s - we used to like going there, last couple trips food quality and taste has declined
Pinnocchio in magic kingdom - the pizza is unedible, the chicken tenders tasted like they’d been stored in a freezer for 5 years
9 dragons - most definitely the worst Chinese food I’ve ever had in my life

Have to agree about Skippers Canteen. My lamb was fine, but husband's pork was just awful. I gagged just trying to swallow one bite. It was all fat with a tiny bit of meat. He's still mad at me for picking that place.

Sci Fi. Nothing terrible, but the food wasn’t great. Theming was cute, but it had a long wait, seating is awkward, and the movies don’t hold my kids’ attention. Also eating in the dark was awkward.

I think I’m over Via Napoli. We went for dinner and it was horribly slow. I do enjoy the pizza, but at the end of the day it’s just pizza and I’m not a huge pizza fan.

Akershus - just didn't care for the food.

Ohana - again, just didn't care for the food. (Also, got really sick the next day - probably coincidence, but I just can't.)

Cinderella's Royal Table - did it once, that's enough. Leave those reservations for other first timers and those with kids.

Liberty Tree Tavern Dinner - that gravy is so gross, and nothing special about the rest of it.

Nine Dragons - until they get better food than our local take out, we'll pass.

Have to agree about Skippers Canteen. My lamb was fine, but husband's pork was just awful. I gagged just trying to swallow one bite. It was all fat with a tiny bit of meat. He's still mad at me for picking that place.
I had the same pork dish lol. Two slabs of fat covered in a salty coagulated dark brown goo. And when I wrote about it, someone suggested I was not used to “exotic” flavors. We live in a city with many authentic ethnic restaurants and we love trying new and different cuisines. Skipper Canteen gets so many good reviews that I’m willing to try again but convincing my husband to return won’t be easy.

Via Napoli — service was indifferent and slow; pizza was coldish
The Wave — last two visits the service was poor and the food was meh (breaks my heart since I loved this place)

Ohana-dinner-food quality has declined a lot over the years (still like the breakfast)
Chef Mickey's-overpriced, food isn't that good
Narcoossee's-overpriced, food is just okay.

Skipper Canteen. Everything spicey hot!
Even the simple “tastes like chicken”

Uh-oh. I want to try this place and booked it for my mom’s birthday...there’s nothing that’s not spicy? I don’t even like black pepper.

Uh-oh. I want to try this place and booked it for my mom’s birthday...there’s nothing that’s not spicy? I don’t even like black pepper.
It's one of our family favorites. The steak is just steak- not spicy. The mac and cheese type pasta is not spicy either. I get the lamb chops which are always cooked to perfection. I wouldn't call them spicy, but they are seasoned. I think more of the dishes are savory than spicy. My son loves the pork. We say we'll try something different next time, but then order our old favorites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter