What restaurant was one and done for you?

I've never had a bad meal at Disney. Though short of severe food poisoning, I can't think of any reason that would prevent me from going back to a restaurant. One or two bad meals definitely wouldn't do it at all. I've had "off" nights at just about every one of my favorites, in and out of WDW, and would have missed out on some pretty great meals had I never gone back.

I like Sci Fi, but I always ask for the check when they come by to check on the entrees. If not, I'd probably still be sitting there.....waiting. I also employ this strategy at Crystal Palce and Trail's End.

Mama Melrose and Coral Reef. The first didn't have Italian food that we liked, and the second, the only thing we enjoyed was dessert. We did like the giant aquarium inside, but not enough to go back.

Coral reef. We had a fantastic dinner and a lovely evening there.
So why one and done?
We had a fantastic dinner, sat next to the tank and had some of the biggest belly laughs we had throughout the holiday. Especially when my mum decided to try and entice the sharks nearer to our table by rubbing her thumb, index and middle finger together like she was calling a cat 😂😂😂 I'm laughing as I'm typing!!!

One and done because you can't replicate an evening like that, and I don't think you should try.

We will be looking for new memories next time 😊

Yak and Yeti. Yak is the proper word for what we have eaten there. It was disappointing the first time and just as bad the second go round. Fool me once...yada yada yada. I read of people’s love for this restaurant but I just don’t get it. We now just stop in for a drink at the bar and cool off a bit.

Though Tusker House was disappointing (I think I enjoyed 3 items and I'm far from picky. Every dessert was dried out and inedible, I will never return to Cape May dinner again. DD got sick from the food and the buffet was not kept well when we were there. Food was tepid and it really is no wonder she was throwing up a couple hours later. I didn't get sick, but I ate very little seafood.

Chef Mickey is the first place I would put on one and done. The food isn't bad, but it's like the land of lost menus. A lot of it doesn't fit together, which is half-way cool and half-way off putting. Food wise, it's literally all over the place. I can't say anything is bad, per se.

However, before I check off on Chef Mickey's, I have to say this is my wife's must do restaurant. I learned along time ago, make this our first stop and just considered how much and why she enjoys this place. She gets the biggest charge out of seeing how much crazy-fun stuff happens at other tables, especially for kids much younger than our own. It does have a special sort of charm for that reason.

Crystal Palace (haven't been since 2012) but if granddaughter wants to go I will, Via Napoli but my daughter and SIL love it so I have to endure it, Whispering Canyon, I love 50's but my DD and DSIL hate it. Garden Grill is another that I would go to only if DGD wants to go to or if I want to get close seats to a concert.

Sadly its Be Our Guest almost 3 hours to eat the food that night was subpar and when I ordered the lamb I got exactly 4 bites from rhe meat, We ended up going back to AKL for another meal. Normally we give a place 3 strikes but the girls have ruled never again.

Chef Mickey is the first place I would put on one and done. The food isn't bad, but it's like the land of lost menus. A lot of it doesn't fit together, which is half-way cool and half-way off putting. Food wise, it's literally all over the place. I can't say anything is bad, per se.

However, before I check off on Chef Mickey's, I have to say this is my wife's must do restaurant. I learned along time ago, make this our first stop and just considered how much and why she enjoys this place. She gets the biggest charge out of seeing how much crazy-fun stuff happens at other tables, especially for kids much younger than our own. It does have a special sort of charm for that reason.
You're a good sport.

We have gone so many times, and now that my family is made up of all adults, I just can't stand the chaos anymore. I promised DD that when she has a child one day, we will go back. Until then, nope.

By the way, Disneyland's counterpart for Chef Mickeys is Goofy's Kitchen. The layout of Goofy's Kitchen keeps everyone in different areas and there's defined boundaries which keep kids from being able to run all over the place. They even seat calmer (adult) groups in the same area and the more rowdy groups in a different area. We ate there at both breakfast and dinner and found it to be a much more enjoyable experience. Kids were able to be crazy, and adults were able to relax without the chaos that we experienced at Chef Mickeys the several times we ate there.

Ours, believe it or not, was California Grill. First I think we had the worst table in the house. It was next to a server station and there was constant activity, plus no view of anything but that or a white wall. Both of our dinners were not good. My short ribs were full of gristle, and my DH had overcooked fish. My DH NEVER complains about food, but we had to tell the manager the truth when he stopped by our table. The manager just said he would tell the chef. No offer to replace it or take it off the bill. It was a very expensive dinner and nothing about the meal or service was good. The only positive was watching the fireworks. He said never again - if you pay that much for a meal they should make things right. I would be willing to try it again but he said never again since he would just relive the bad memories.
We have lots of other choices so I don't miss not going there again. We are going to try Topolino's on our next trip.

Yak and Yeti. Yak is the proper word for what we have eaten there. It was disappointing the first time and just as bad the second go round. Fool me once...yada yada yada. I read of people’s love for this restaurant but I just don’t get it. We now just stop in for a drink at the bar and cool off a bit.
Interesting. I've read both extremes on Y&Y. Sorry you didn't like it. It's the only restaurant for us that is must-do every trip - or at least most trips, when we can fit it in for dinner (or lunch). Love the food and service. Different strokes.......

Places that disappoint that we would try again IF changes are made:

Brown Derby - I know this isn't a popular opinion but 3x and all 3 were not good. Plus service was reallyyyyyyyy bad. I can spend my money elsewhere.
Ohana - food isn't consistent and service is usually really poor.
Le Cellier Steakhouse - the cut of meat that they call a Filet Mignon is not of that quality. Potatoes and dessert there are good plus the cheese soup. Sad you have to fix the steak at a steakhouse
Be Our Guest - Just didn't cut the mark for me given the price point. Not terrible but not that great.

Places that no longer hold my interest or there are better options around them:

Nine Dragons
Coral Reef
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Rainforest
T-REX

Ours, believe it or not, was California Grill. First I think we had the worst table in the house. It was next to a server station and there was constant activity, plus no view of anything but that or a white wall. Both of our dinners were not good. My short ribs were full of gristle, and my DH had overcooked fish. My DH NEVER complains about food, but we had to tell the manager the truth when he stopped by our table. The manager just said he would tell the chef. No offer to replace it or take it off the bill. It was a very expensive dinner and nothing about the meal or service was good. The only positive was watching the fireworks. He said never again - if you pay that much for a meal they should make things right. I would be willing to try it again but he said never again since he would just relive the bad memories.
We have lots of other choices so I don't miss not going there again. We are going to try Topolino's on our next trip.
Our first time at Cali Grill, we were seated off to the side away from everyone and had a rude waiter. I was all set to be one-and-done. DD begged me to give it one more chance. We were seated near a window and had a wonderful waiter who went above and beyond. I’m so glad that we tried again. It was the best meal of the week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter