What restaurant was one and done for you?

Boopuff

DIS Veteran
My DH loves Biergarten. LOVES it. The rest of the family.... meh.... I remember the first time we ate there it was still table service. Then we've done the buffet several times. I'm just over it! My DD put her foot down last trip and told her dad "no way are we going back to Germany!" LOL I just think there are too many other choices to keep going back for a so-so buffet.

Tusker House is a big disappointment.

I usually love Indian and African foods. Stewed meat, greens, chilies, bread, rice, etc. So good. So interesting. Hmmm spicy. Or complex.

But Tusker House is nasty. Slimy, bland, everything has coconut. I like coconut, but not on everything. The only thing it has going for it is AC and characters.

At AK these days, we stick with Yak & Yeti or Rainforest Cafe for sit down meals.

Via Napoli. My wife ordered pasta and it was supposed to have been topped with an egg. The egg was completely raw. My chicken parm was tough. Like eating a dead bird. We left most of it and will never return. Italian restaurant in Italy was so much better and less expensive.

For us last year we went to the Coral Reef after a long hiatus and we are now back on another hiatus. Food was just ok but must have been sitting out to long, although not cold but just warm, service was just ok but we did enjoy looking at the fish in the Aquarium !

I've never eaten anywhere that I'd say I wouldn't go back to. There were some that I've liked the least and aren't high priority to return, like Kona Cafe or Restaurant Marakesh, but I'd still go back to them if someone wanted to or if it just worked out that way.

Flame Tree. My parents and sister loved it. I just got a soda when they insisted on eating there after the first time. I may be too picky about my barbecue, but I found theirs gross.

Tony's was our one and done meal. My husband didn't like 50's Prime time but the rest of us loved it.
My DH and kids don't like Tony's either. I guess it's too much like Olive Garden. I'm good with it, sometimes mediocre is what I'm looking for in my Italian. Overcooked sketti. Yum.

My DH loves Biergarten. LOVES it. The rest of the family.... meh.... I remember the first time we ate there it was still table service. Then we've done the buffet several times. I'm just over it! My DD put her foot down last trip and told her dad "no way are we going back to Germany!" LOL I just think there are too many other choices to keep going back for a so-so buffet.
For the record, I find Biergarten a good-value for the amount of fun, but the food - meh.

Some folks prefer chocolate too vanilla.

Some folks prefer spicy to mild.

Some folks prefer the variety offered at buffets to a (snooty) table-service Signature.

I don't know what makes one person prefer one place, while family members from the same household might loathe the same restaurant.

Your sense of humor on the matter is likely to be all that is necessary to locate someplace that y'all can agree upon.

Good news for your DD, right now, there are no buffets to recommend.

One-and-done: Boathouse & Paddlefish (which we enjoy for cocktails atop the boat).

Last edited:
Flame Tree. My parents and sister loved it. I just got a soda when they insisted on eating there after the first time. I may be too picky about my barbecue, but I found theirs gross.

Same. The chicken and ribs were all bones, very little meat. We do Harambe Market now instead.

For us it is probably Flame Tree; not necessarily because of the food but because the birds wandering close to the tables scared the crap out of my daughter. She was in tears and my husband took her out to a different spot while my son and I ate and then we brought the rest of the food to them when we were done.

At the top of my list, is Chefs de France, I'm not sure if Disney / Epcot has told the staff their to be incredibly rude because it's "French" etc., but my last time there my waitress threw a fit when we asked to split our bill, and literally grabbed the receipt out my hand and stormed off. I will never, ever, go back there needless to say.....

The other thing I've noticed, and hopefully this has changed because of COVID etc, is that Disney restaurants were desperately trying to get you out of the restaurant, rushing the food, rushing the drink, rushing the bill, trying to jam as many people through the doors as possible. I noticed this a few years back at Le Cellier, in and out in 30 minutes seems to be the goal. If I'm spending "alot" of money on food at Disney / Epcot, I really want to be able to relax and enjoy it, not be rushed, "are you done," "do you need the bill." etc. Like I said hopefully this has changed.

As a side note, I will say almost 95% of my experiences have been awesome, but they few bad ones stick in my head, with regards to restaurants.

Ohana. Service was horrific. When you make an ADR - don't seat parties 45 minutes late. An alcoholic drink order placed as your FIRST THING - shouldn't arrive with dessert. When your table of 3 watches you serve your table of 8 every single time you make a round through the dining room - yet you never come to our table, we will be angry. Don't ask me if I want x meat five times when I have told you to please make sure that we get the opportunity to get x meat at least once! Find a way to make that happen. Yes, I asked you to refill my water glass when you did make it to our table, but when its 20 minutes later and its still not done, I'm angry. Especially since I have watched you bring drinks to that party of 8 next to us multiple times during that time and you can't seem to cope with two more glasses. Really. It was pretty much our worst dining experience ever. I know alot of folks love this place - but it was SUCH a bad experience - I just don't know if we can ever give it a second chance. Our server was awful, but so were the meat folks. I think being a small dining party surrounded by larger groups means we really treated as the leftovers.

It would probably be a tie between Tony's and Big River Grille. At Tony's the food they served me was nothing like the description on the menu. It was all red sauce and no cheese. At BRG, my husband's meat loaf was both frozen in the middle and burned on the outside. Not just overcooked, but really burned on the outside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter