What resorts are available?

disney075

Earning My Ears
Hi! Kind of hard to find this exact info online, is Riviera the only DVC resort at WDW currently available for purchase through disney? Wanting Saratoga but not sure if that's available. Thanks!

You can get almost anything direct (VGC and VGF may be exceptions). No idea what inventory they have on hand, but if not, then they put you on a wait list. They will then need to acquire the contract you want through ROFR and sell it to you. They have really backed off on buy-backs as of late so it may be a while. If I were you I'd just buy it resale.

You can get almost anything direct (VGC and VGF may be exceptions). No idea what inventory they have on hand, but if not, then they put you on a wait list. They will then need to acquire the contract you want through ROFR and sell it to you. They have really backed off on buy-backs as of late so it may be a while. If I were you I'd just buy it resale.
definitely want to buy most points through resale but want to start with the minimum through Disney to have the perks!

They will try very hard to sell you Rivera first, but if you firmly state that you want Saratoga they will sell it to you. It actually is a pretty good buy if you want to get the direct benefits. Some people have said they've been on a waitlist as short as a few minutes. The guides have to call to release the points but they were available right away. You could potentially have to wait a month or so depending, but considering the time it takes to close on a resale and then get have the points loaded into your account a month wait doesn't seem that bad.

I think most are readily available, like Riviera, Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom, Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Copper Creek is def available also. Hard ones might be Beach Club, Grand Floridian, and Grand Californian.

I think most are readily available, like Riviera, Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom, Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Copper Creek is def available also. Hard ones might be Beach Club, Grand Floridian, and Grand Californian.
Also to point out something my Dad found out. Depending on the State you live in, Disney might not be able to sell certain resorts to you over the phone or through email. Bay Lake Tower is an example. Disney wasn't legally allowed to sell BLT to us in WV because Disney was not licensed to sell Bay Lake Tower there. They were only able to sell us Riviera, Copper Creek, Polynesian, Aulani, and maybe VGF. Might be different in other states but that was the case for us. If we wanted to buy Bay Lake Tower Direct we would have to buy it at Walt Disney World. My dad was all set to buy BLT but found out he couldn't. He ended up Buying Poly and I'm in between Riviera and Copper Creek direct.

You can get discounts on select dining and shopping with Disney Visa. I also buy Disney GC's with any credit card cash back offers I get which can be 5-10% which can be applied to ANY dining and shopping without having to figure out who has a discount. I also use those discounted GC's to pay MF's. I'm a bottom line person and there are way more savings in other ways since we don't buy AP's. It's a small group of folks that make out with perks - just saying...

I bought 75 points of SSR direct back in September for benefits. They drew up the contract right away.

Side story: they were going to charge my card at the of of September, but as everything seemed to be in place, I called and asked that my card be run right then, before the end of the month. I don't know if it would have mattered, but the very next day after they charged my card for the 75 points, the minimum for benefits went up to 100. I'm glad they ran it when they did, I would have been really upset if I was required to add on another 25 points without knowing that change was about to take place.

I bought 75 points of SSR direct back in September for benefits. They drew up the contract right away.

Side story: they were going to charge my card at the of of September, but as everything seemed to be in place, I called and asked that my card be run right then, before the end of the month. I don't know if it would have mattered, but the very next day after they charged my card for the 75 points, the minimum for benefits went up to 100. I'm glad they ran it when they did, I would have been really upset if I was required to add on another 25 points without knowing that change was about to take place.
thanks for the info!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter