What resort to choose

jjarman

DIS Veteran
We are planning a trip for June, 2004 and had planned on staying at PO/FQ which we love. Well, if it is not open again by then I don't know where to stay. POR would be okay but it may not be all the way open or who knows what they will do with it. I have looked at CBR and CS and WL ( but only if I get a good code) . I liked PO/FQ because it was so small and easy to walk around. I want to stay close to bus stops and food court. Which would you suggest?

I think you have a lot of time for research! I really the book "Wdw for couples" because of its in-depth view of all the resorts! also try a few different web sites for there info to make a decision. then pick which one appeals to you the most, and which one you think you would be able to get around the best at.

Good web sites: www.wdwig.com & www.ourlaughingplace.com & www.themeparks.com to get started. they all have good pictures too.

I personally have stayed at po-rs and found it easy to "get around" but we got lucky with our request. we were just over the bridge from the swimming hole & main buildings. RS appeals to us alot, its very homey and friendly, laid back. Been to CBR also and liked it alot too. it was a lot farther to walk for us, with in the resort, but the bus stop's were more plentiful there. It's a livelier party, fesitive atmophere. CSR we have not stayed but visited a few times and walked all the way around, it is huge and very spread out, it does not appeal to us, and we do not plan to stay there soon. The convention center is a turn off, as is the long walk everywhere. WL is very nice and the only long walk here is if you park your car in self parking! We plan to go back there this summer.

Half of the fun is planning and research so good luck! and happy planning! sorry about po-fq. :(

MKY :wave:

Hi there and WELCOME to the DIS boards! Well, you've narrowed it down to some fantastic resorts, so you're decision will be tough... I've stayed at all of the resorts you've narrowed it down to, and I would say that CSR and WL rank as my top two. POFQ is fab because of its small size, so if you are able to get a code rate for WL, I would go for it because its very manageable in size, relaxing, and everything is contained in one building. The boat transportation to MK, the electric water pageant, and the recreation are all added bonuses too. CSR is also wonderful and I'll attach a link to my lengthy review on that resort below! It is a large resort, but we stayed in a great building location (casitas 2) and it was close to everything! It was a really beautiful resort. Please let us know what you decide!

If you have time, check out my CSR review!! :D
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=256071

--Maren

I'm on the WL bandwagon. It's beautiful and if you can get a code, not much more than a mod.

The boat to MK is a positive and when we stayed there, the bus transportation was pretty good.

I can't wait to go back.:rolleyes:

Another vote for WL :) I have stayed at POR and CBR and while they are both very nice resorts, I would choose WL if you get a code! :)

Have a great time! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter