What professions are ok to denigrate?

Speaking of loaded words and Fake News sources in the same blurb is not really inspiring to me. Nor is the inability to separate news stories from editorial pieces:lmao:.

Did you look at it?

If you look at it, it very easily tells you whether it is news or editorial. It tells you more information on the news media and the stories than you want to know.

There's alot of natural bias that happens too. The 'egregious' stuff stands out more when it goes against personal ideals.

I like when articles contain counter points to round out the conversation. That approach shows more integrity.

Did you look at it?

If you look at it, it very easily tells you whether it is news or editorial. It tells you more information on the news media and the stories than you want to know.
Yes which is how I knew that "Fake News" and and the term "loaded words" show up in the opening paragraph. Their methodology and categorizations seem fuzzy to say the least hence the statement I made. A noble attempt that needs a lot more work.

Yes which is how I knew that "Fake News" and and the term "loaded words" show up in the opening paragraph. Their methodology and categorizations seem fuzzy to say the least.

Ok. If you object to calling out "Fake News", I can understand why you don't like it.

But, compared to Sharyl Atkkisson, I think they are head and shoulders above, but to each their own.

Ok. If you object to calling out "Fake News", I can understand why you don't like it.

But, compared to Sharyl Atkkisson, I think they are head and shoulders above, but to each their own.
I object to the actual term "Fake News" as used in today's parlance and find it amusing that a fact checking site would use it to introduce itself. That it then goes on to weigh in on the neutrality of an information source by stating it's facts in news reporting are true but it's Op-Ed column shows a distinct bias thus the site overall has a left center alignment. Huh?!? What kind of weighing is that if Fake News is supposed to mean a lack of truth????

The site does no more than point out it's political bias, in an illogical fashion no less, and assumes that those viewing it are too unwitting/trusting to note the juggling act in words. The site's mere exisitence would make a fine critical thinking test.
You are right. To each his own.

I object to the actual term "Fake News" as used in today's parlance and find it amusing that a fact checking site would use it to introduce itself. That it then goes on to weigh in on the neutrality of an information source by stating it's facts in news reporting are true but it's Op-Ed column shows a distinct bias thus the site overall has a left center alignment. Huh?!? What kind of weighing is that if Fake News is supposed to mean a lack of truth????

The site does no more than point out it's political bias, in an illogical fashion no less, and assumes that those viewing it are too unwitting/trusting to note the juggling act in words. The site's mere exisitence would make a fine critical thinking test.
You are right. To each his own.

Well, your post reads like you're not going to believe any facts if they aren't right leaning. Gotcha.

Sensationalism is what sells. Most recently, the ousted vaccine whistleblower chief. They have said all along that they don't know if warmer weather will positively help fight COVID but now we are facing the darkest winter in modern history. I can see you saying something along the lines of, "We don't know if number of cases has been going down as a result of warmer weather, social distancing or a combination. But if it is going down due to warmer weather then this winter will be dark." However, you can't say that you don't know if summer is going to help but then make a factual statement that the winter will be terrible. To me, that is sensationalism and the news repeated that quote over and over again.

Closely watching what happens in the southern hemisphere will provide a glimpse of what our winter will look like.

I think I remember hearing the phrase “Those who can, do. Those who can’t, teach,” first in regards to belittling professions.

I think about priests. There are some great ones but the abusive ones seem to give the rest a bad reputation.

My profession is social work. A common assumption is that we are waiting to take your children away. Most of us don't even work in child protection. My last job was counseling families so that they could become more functional so that they could stay together.

Any profession with a code of ethics will show there are some who violate their ethics. These bad apples are disciplined and you can read about their indiscretions online. Sad reading but necessary to protect the public.

Nurses, once the pandemic is over.
Right now we’re heroes. I assume that we’ll go back to being “just the nurse” in due time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter