What perfume would you bring on your Disney trip?

I have a friend that is a perfumer so I have my own mix that I have worn for decades (Jasmine and wintergreen, I don't know the proportions or if he puts anything else in it). When I don't wear that, I wear either Elizabeth Taylor's Passion or Shalimar but those are both too strong for Disney.

Usually none. I'm sensitive to strong scents (headache, nausea - I can't even stay in a Yankee Candle store for more than a couple minutes) and I know plenty of other people around are, too, so I avoid using anything when I'll be around crowds.

I am exactly like you, allergic to strong smells. I even have to buy unscented deodorant. I can't go into the stores in Norway, France, or Italy because the perfume is much too strong. I also hate getting stuck next to someone in line wearing strong perfume or cologne since there is no getting away from it. And there are more and more people that put so much on that you can smell them from several feet away. IDK if they don't realize how strong it is or don't care, but it really does affect many of us.

I've always (since the '60's) loved lily of the valley, but it's been very hard to find a scent that approaches what I used to love. So, I was thrilled to find Yardley's Lily of the Valley at England in Epcot! I can't find it in our local area, and when I tried to get that Yardley scent from their website, found out I can't order from the U.S. So, guess what? I HAVE to go to DW to find it--I tell W it's not a want, but a need to go if for no other reason 😎. So, for me, it's LotV.

Oh my gosh. I'm so glad you asked. So I have 2. One is Gier. It is at the Norway Pavilion. But here is my big tip. I have another fragrance. I don't even know the name right now, that I only would wear when I was at Walt Disney World. Now it is my Disney fragrance and every time I wear it, I only think of Disney. Right? Like smell is our best sense to trigger memories. Like we learned in Psych class. It's awesome. In fact we did the same thing for our wedding 17 years ago. So whatever you pick, make it something new and only wear it there, and then put it on a shelf for a few months.
BTW we always go to the France Pavillion to the perfume place there.

Last edited:
I swear by Bright Crystal by Versace. It’s how I imagine Heaven would smell like. It’s amazing. It’s not too strong at all.

Last trip I took Marc Jacobs Daisy and Vera Wang Princess but I really only used it after our midday pool break. I shower and we take it easy in the evening.

For the day time I usually use bath and body works body sprays. They feel lighter and fresher for the warmest part of the day.

I bring Philosophy Fresh Cream body spray. It’s a light spritz that is pleasant and not too overpowering, and reminds us of the fragrance of treats like at the Confectionery. It can layer with the hotel body products or anything I might pick up at Basin White.

By the way...my s/o and I were window shopping in Epcot/Italy, and he tried some of the BVLGARI mens "Man in Black." I liked it. (Understatement of the century.) I liked it so much I wanted to roll in it like my pet beagle. We bought it and it's cousins (mens accouterments) Now, whenever he wears it (he's had that bottle for 3 years now, and only wears it on special occasions) it takes me right back to Disney and that eye-opening gotta-get-that-scent experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter