What park is most challenging for you to navigate?

Animal Kingdom for sure. Magic Kingdom and Epcot are a snap and I worked at DHS plus it is my favorite park. Therefore, I have spent a ton of time in DHS and can navigate it in my sleep. Epcot is very open and divided up into Future World East (I don't go there), Future World West, and World Showcase. Extremely easy to navigate. Magic Kingdom has that whole hub and spoke thing which makes this pretty darn easy. On top of that, it has fantastic sight lines to help me know where I am and where I am going. Animal Kingdom is just hard. It doesn't help that it is my least favorite park and where I easily spend the least amount of time. It has a hub and spoke initial design, but then it does have little crevices that are good at helping me get turned around. Then, you add in the lack of sight lines and I'm going to get lost. I'm glad that they have all of those signs up or I would have no idea how to get around.

MK is the hardest for me. But that's because Disneyland is my "home" park. I don't need a map at DL. But going to MK feels like walking into my own house, only someone has rearranged all the furniture and even some of the rooms lol! Everytime I turn a corner in MK it feels so weird to see something else there that I didn't expect! I really don't like walking around MK for that reason.

AK is definitely the hardest one to navigate. I hate not having a line of sight to anything. When we exit the safari ride I am always lost. We never spend much time there because it is such an annoying place to navigate. At least with the MK hub, you can cut straight across it. But with the AK set up, you have to circle the place. :(

Last edited:

I get lost in DHS every time I go and that's well over 10+ times. Thank goodness for my DH's great sense of direction.

DHS, not just in terms of topography, but also trying to coordinate any sort of flow as we move from show to show with conflicting schedules. We found it really frustrating to try to get anything done there despite having the fewest attractions that interested us of any Disney park.

AK- the first couple times we went we couldn't really find anything and ended up leaving. It has gotten better and it is one if my children's favorite parks now- but not easy to navigate for us.

DHS hands down. I have only been to AK once but I navigated that park just fine, not as well as MK or EP but just fine nonetheless. DHS on the other hand...whew. I managed to get "lost" in there. I kept scanning the park map and I swear that thing was printed upside down or backwards or something.

This was about 2 years ago and I remember there were a lot of comments about the new map design at the time. Does anyone know if they have fixed the issues with the maps at all?

DHS for sure..... not that I encounter it very often since it is the park we are most likely to skip

DHS for me. I've been there many times and don't need a map, but I always get confused in the streets. It's the areas by the backlot, Pizza Planet, playground, etc that keep me confused. However, I love the absence of the hat. I had no idea that GMR was such a flagship-looking attraction.

I have this "map memory" so I don't have an issue .. I can just navigate my way around these parks by sight even if I had only been there once (and in years). It sorta amazes my wife.

But to answer the question .. I dislike AK. It may be better once more construction walls go down and when Avatarland helps disperse crowds .. but the whole area between Africa and Asia is just a mess to walk through .. with really not much there. And the HUB isn't much of a hub when you have to go around a giant tree. (Though it is the 2nd best symbol in the park behind Cinderella Castle.)

After spending a whole day at DHS by myself, I have to say that was the most confusing. I feel like I never really knew where I was going. I think that area called "Streets of America" confused me a little bit as well. When I went to AK, we had four navigators... not sure how I'd be on my own.

Animal Kingdom seems to be difficult for me. I get turned around. The others are no problem.

DHS makes no sense. Every other park I could tell you exactly where every attraction is. But once you get off the main drag of DHS, everything goes sideways.

HS is the worst for me, mostly because things get dodgy around Streets of America and Pixar Place. With all the new attractions coming in, it should be interesting how it shapes up. AK has a weird layout, but if you move on the outside edges you can get to anywhere you're trying to get to. However, with all the Avatar and Rivers of Light construction... Never really had a problem with Epcot except I can get confused around Futre World (thank goodness for signs). MK is a breeze!

Part of the problem for me is that on a typical week long trip we'll visit MK multiple times and Epcot at least twice (split between FW and WS). We will generally only hit DHS and AK once each per trip (and we skipped AK one trip). So not as much exposure to those parks.

I'm going to "study" those 2 maps more for upcoming trip, hopefully that helps!

I don't like Hollywood Studios. I think I only managed to find two bathrooms after circling the entire park.

MK is always crowded and chaotic.

AK and Epcot are easiest for me to navigate.

DTD is about the only place at WDW that I have gotten "lost" before, but at the time, I had never looked at a map of the area before going. The theme parks are usually not an issue for me. I will admit that sometimes I miss a certain store or come out of a building and turn the wrong way, but usually this has to do with my not paying attention.

AK by far. It's actually feels like being lost in a foreign country sometimes :guilty:. The fact that it's the hottest amusement park in the world also doesn't help if you miss your turn. In fact, I had to stare at the park map when I was strategizing on my FP+ choices . DW says I always make them do too much criss-crossing in that park :faint: .

I also tend to get slightly lost in both waterparks once in a while. The other three parks I know like the "back of my hand" including all the good shortcuts:sail:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter