What other TS Restaurant for dinner?

tink9702

DIS Veteran
We have two young children who are extremely picky. It can't be O'hana (peanut allergy) and not interested in any signature meals due to the kids ages. We'll be at HS on that day but not planning on seeing Fantasmic! so can be located anywhere.

Here is what I have planned already:

Tusker House - breakfast
Big River Grille & Brewery - dinner
Liberty Tree Tavern - lunch
Boma - dinner
Cinderella's Royal Table - breakfast (for characters & pre-park opening)
Wispering Canyon Cafe - lunch
Kona Cafe - breakfast

thanks!

Mama Melrose Ristorante Italiano
Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater
50's Prime Time Café

are all non signature table service restaurants at DHS that you might like.

My kids love spaghetti, so we do Mama Melrose on our HS day. It's one meal that I KNOW they will eat without putting up a fight, lol.

Apparently my kids are beyond picky then! ha ha DD won't eat spaghetti either so Mama Melrose is out. I personally hate the idea of 50's prime time. How well does Sci-fi work with young kids? ARe the movies okay for them? and you'd sit one adult with one kid or both kids together right?

Are you doing big river brewing on an Epcot day? If so- I would switch and do Big River on your DHS day and do Garden Grill for your Epcot day

Where are you staying?

I agree with DisneyFirstTimer. If you're doing Big River Brewing on an Epcot day, switch it to your DHS day. There are many many more options for dinner at Epcot.

I am super pumped to try 50's prime time on my HS day next trip. I think the kids might think Sci-Fi is really cool though. They were super flexible with a veggie meal for me (custom and not the veg meal offered on the menu), so I imagine they'd be just as flexible with kids preferences. Honestly I haven't found an inflexible TS restaurant in Disney.

Apparently my kids are beyond picky then! ha ha DD won't eat spaghetti either so Mama Melrose is out.

They do have a few other kids options, including cheese pizza and grilled chicken, too. But I totally get it- the last thing you want on vacation is to fight with your kids over food!

thanks tabistar. she doesn't like pizza or grilled chicken either. I checked out Mama Melrose's menu and there isn't anything she'd be happy with, just not worth it to fight when I'm on vacation! We are trying to branch out and try new foods at home where I'm not paying for it and can plan sides that she likes if she doesn't eat more than a bite of the main meal.

@tink9702 - is all pasta out? My kids love pasta but are not fans of marinara sauce (except on pizza or as a dip...so silly!). You could probably order pasta with just butter and cheese, or ask that they sub alfredo sauce.

Have you looked at Hollywood & Vine?

What kinds of things does she eat? That might help us give you some good ideas. Or perhaps a buffet? 1900 Park Fare or Cape May Cafe have a variety of options. Or how about Beaches and Cream?

She eats chicken fingers, hot dogs, grilled cheese (white cheese only). 1900 Park Fare might be a possibility. DH wouldn't like Cape May much since he's not a huge seafood fan. I'll check out Beaches & Cream as well.

We have two young children who are extremely picky. It can't be O'hana (peanut allergy) and not interested in any signature meals due to the kids ages. We'll be at HS on that day but not planning on seeing Fantasmic! so can be located anywhere.

Here is what I have planned already:

Tusker House - breakfast
Big River Grille & Brewery - dinner
Liberty Tree Tavern - lunch
Boma - dinner
Cinderella's Royal Table - breakfast (for characters & pre-park opening)
Wispering Canyon Cafe - lunch
Kona Cafe - breakfast

thanks!

Not what you're looking for, but with the exception of one character breakfast each trip, to save money, we always skip breakfast, (eat snacks, granola bars etc., in the room before heading out) each morning. We stick to counter service meals for early lunches in our first park of the each day to also save money. We then with maybe one exception during each trip, typically only eat at signature dining restaurants at the resorts for dinner. Most of the Signature dining restaurants are as much for kids as any of the other restaurants, though their food is much better and much more consistent. They offer kids meals just like all other restaurants. The quality of the food at most Table Service restaurants is VERY hit and miss. Many of them offer lots of entertainment for the kids, though their food is typically not good and very over priced, especially a few of the ones you have listed here. There are ways to eat at Signature restaurants without breaking the bank, which includes, only drinking water which is what we do to also save money.

I understand that method hookedonears, I really do. Just not what I'm looking for this trip.

My 1 son is an EXTREMELY picky eater. We are trying Sci Fi for the first time this year for lunch on our DHS day. We are on the Deluxe Dining Plan so we also decided on doing Beaches and Cream for dinner. It sounded like fun getting to take the boat over to a resort we have never been to. And the menu seems pretty kids friendly. Its your basic Burger joint but on the plus side I have heard that their ice cream is the best on Disney property, which is why we chose to give it a try. So if my son doesn't like the food I know there is a guarantee that he will eat the ice cream bc he is a HUGE ice cream fanatic, lol. If I were you I would try either Sci Fi or Beaches & Cream. We did Mama Melrose last year and truthfully I really wasn't impressed. We also ate at 50s last year and again I wasn't impressed. 50s does have a lot of the home cooked country type of food though. So if you have picky eaters they might find something there as well. My son did like his food there, but he was intimidated by the waitresses antics and he didn't really understand the gist of the restaurant.

Sci-Fi was really fun for us, the food was not my most favorite, but it was pretty good. Also pretty standard, nothing too out there for kids. I will say that you really might want to consider 50's Prime Time, the food there for our family was yummers and the experience was fun. I do know they serve some things with peanuts so you would want to talk to someone when you get there about that. Most any restaurants will be able to accommodate people with food allergies.

She eats chicken fingers, hot dogs, grilled cheese (white cheese only). 1900 Park Fare might be a possibility. DH wouldn't like Cape May much since he's not a huge seafood fan. I'll check out Beaches & Cream as well.

DD is very picky - hot dog, grilled cheese (which I don't think is on a menu anywhere), white pasta with butter, white rice, pizza, maybe but I don't count on it as it needs to be light sauce (reflux). Sci Fi, while not on the menu, was able to serve my Dd a hot dog with goldfish - heaven. She doesn't eat chicken or French fries so dining is a challenge.
The movies aren't really movies but rather old cartoon clips. DD loves it there, hated 50's - did not like being told elbows off the table, must eat all veggies, no dessert until the plate is cleared. She was 6? at the time and after another half dozen trips, she still refuses to go back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter