What now? Cast member contract

Kingdomkate

Earning My Ears
Hi y’all.

So i posted this before but apparently it didn’t make sense to a lot of people.

My fiancé was supposed to move to get a job in florida with me. We were supposed to leave next week. His job got cancelled.

I already accepting a casting offer from disney for attractions in florida, because we were LEAVING in less than 9 days.

Well now we are stuck here and won’t be able to move until next year or two atleast.

If i tell them I have to decline, will that blacklist me? I want to hopefully reapply next year.

I dont need the “you shouldn’t apply until you got there.” I needed the job. I don’t make enough to be able to take time off to job search AFTER i move. Regardless we’ve already cancelled our apartment contract and we aren’t doing long distance, and he doesn’t have a job that’s easy to “just search for”. Not to be rude, but no one is answering the QUESTION.

Last edited:
Hi y’all.

My fiancé was supposed to move to get a job in florida with me. We were supposed to leave next week. His job got cancelled.

I already accepting a casting offer from disney for attractions in florida, because we were LEAVING in less than 9 days.

Well now we are stuck here and won’t be able to move until next year or two atleast.

If i tell them I have to decline, will that blacklist me? I want to hopefully reapply next year.

I dont need the “you shouldn’t apply until you got there.” I needed the job. I don’t make enough to be able to take time off to job search AFTER i move.
Is there a reason you guys still can't move and he can look for a job once he gets there? That's what I would do.

Is there a reason you guys still can't move and he can look for a job once he gets there? That's what I would do.
He works in a specialized field. It wasn’t “look for a job” it was a “get transferred to manage a project which got demod.”

Not a CM, but I thought you couldn't reapply to Disney for a year after you quit- in some cases a year and a half. You haven't even started, just let them know your plans have changed.

Hi y’all.

I dont need the “you shouldn’t apply until you got there.” I needed the job. I don’t make enough to be able to take time off to job search AFTER i move. Regardless we’ve already cancelled our apartment contract and we aren’t doing long distance, and he doesn’t have a job that’s easy to “just search for”. Not to be rude, but no one is answering the QUESTION.

I don't know that anybody here can decisively answer your question. Since your situation has changed and you definitely won't be moving, and it's apparently too far to commute, your best move is to contact HR or whomever offered you the casting role. Explain you've had an unexpected change in plans and won't be able to accept right now, but you'd appreciate if they could keep your resume on file. You simply need to communicate well. That's what employers want. If you ghost, you've certainly shot yourself in the foot for any future consideration.

My wife is a union steward in Merchandise at WDW. I can tell you that even after people have been terminated, under most conditions, they are eligible to re-apply in 90 days.

I don't know that anybody here can decisively answer your question. Since your situation has changed and you definitely won't be moving, and it's apparently too far to commute, your best move is to contact HR or whomever offered you the casting role. Explain you've had an unexpected change in plans and won't be able to accept right now, but you'd appreciate if they could keep your resume on file. You simply need to communicate well. That's what employers want. If you ghost, you've certainly shot yourself in the foot for any future consideration.
...good advice! :thumbsup2

My wife is a union steward in Merchandise at WDW. I can tell you that even after people have been terminated, under most conditions, they are eligible to re-apply in 90 days.
...my DS is a CM at Hollywood Brown Derby and he basically said the same thing.

Hi y’all.

Might be a better idea to contact Disney instead of posting here. Disney/Casting is the place where you will get a definitive answer. As many people suggested in response to your previous post, contact the recruiter and explain your situation. I think prior responses were pretty clear (more definitive than your post), no need to be snarky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter