What NOT to do when flight is cancelled...

Stroller Boy

'I think it was the immortal words of Socrates who
Hey Bob/Kevin - Great segment about what you "should" do when your flight has been cancelled, but I think there is probably more humor in what not to do!

For example, I was on a business trip to Ann Arbor (flying in/out of Detroit...Northwest-landia), flew in no problem, but was cancelled on heading home. Since the delay was going to be about 8 hours, we decided it was a good idea to drive around Detroit... yea, not such a good idea. Aside from the usual getting lost we did have a guy chase us down a street with a pipe in his hand, humorous now, scary as all heck when it's actually happening! To this day we have no clue why this happened... Anyhoo, I'm sure the fine folks on this board will be able to provide us with many stories of what not to do!

I don't know about what not to do when your flight is cancelled, but I do know about driving around/through Detroit. My Dad moved to the Detroit area when I was twelve, so I have have DECADES of driving THROUGH the Motor City. As a child we NEVER stopped on those INSANE freeways that go straight through the middle of the city. As an adult, I have NEVER stopped on those INSANE freeways that go straight through the middle of the city.

I have only been in the city once when I took a Greyhound to visit and Daddy had to pick me up near the Ren Cen. I only did that once.

Kim

I'll never go back to downtown Detroit since the time this guy stole my stroller. I grabbed my pipe and gave chase, but couldn't catch him. I wonder whatever happened to that guy...

I'll never go back to downtown Detroit since the time this guy stole my stroller. I grabbed my pipe and gave chase, but couldn't catch him. I wonder whatever happened to that guy...

ooooh, that was YOUR's? It's all coming clear to me now! :lmao:

Honestly, it was the craziest thing I've ever seen.... I was asking the guy I was driving with if he flipped him off or something. Well, no longer a need to go to Ann Arbor (unfortunately, as it's a great town), won't miss the airport for sure!

at LAX don't think you are going to make a drive around the airport to waste some time if you are early for a flight... similar story different neighbor hood. Easy to get lost and lots of strange scary people. many of them carrying strollers.

at LAX don't think you are going to make a drive around the airport to waste some time if you are early for a flight... similar story different neighbor hood. Easy to get lost and lots of strange scary people. many of them carrying strollers.

My new goal in life is to shadow you and make a smart **** comment about everything you say. Just wanted to warn you...and I like pie...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter