• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What (non-Disney-related) music makes you think of WDW et al.?

The Vitaphone Queen

Eclipsing the sun in splendor
Just what the title says.
Here's what comes to mind, for me:
Dennis Edwards and Siedah Garrett - Don't Look Any Further (this particularly makes me think of the WDW Dolphin)
Rick James and Teena Marie - Fire and Desire
The Moments - Look at Me, I'm in Love
Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up (YES, REALLY. Well, actually it makes me think more of West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway...:rolleyes1)
Love and Kisses - How Much, How Much I Love You
Kenny Nolan - Us and Love (We Go Together) (The cover of this song that Tavares did is even more magical, if you catch my drift.)
Kenny Nolan - Maybe I'm Mindless
Freddie Jackson - You and I Got a Thang

I'm Autistic, so...

Good Life by OneRepublic....it was used in a Disney ad a few years ago and it always makes me think of Disney.

A couple of Gloria Estafan songs form the mid-80's because that's what I remember being on the radio in the car while we were driving around down there.

Interesting side story, I used to often pull on the car door handles when they were locked, just because I was fidgety. Any car I usually rode in wouldn't open if it was locked. The rental car was one of these where it would pop the lock if you pulled the handle, and we're on a highway near WDW when I pull the handle and the door flies open! I freaked everybody out, but was able to pull the door back closed. And I can hear Gloria singing as I remember this.

Other songs, pretty much anything by Aerosmith because of RnRC or Michael Jackson because of EO. The song Vacation by the GoGos because I always listen to it when I leave work for the last time before vacation, and yeah, I know it's not about an actual vacation.

Three scores come to mind:

Meet Me in St Louis (1944)
The Music Man (1957)
Hello, Dolly! (1964)

Kung Fu Fighting.

That song was very popular the time of my first visit to WDW. I still associate the song with my first visit because we heard it frequently on the radio of the rental car. The car only had AM radio.

One More Time by Daft Punk. I think it's because they did the music for Tron: Legacy, and because I listened to that track all the time the year I first visited.

The songs from the stage play of Peter Pan. Specifically Never Never Land and I'm Flying. I had the Broadway soundtrack (with Mary Martin) as a kid and I used to get the songs of the Disney version of Peter Pan and the stage production kinda jumbled up. As much as I love the Disney movie I think it'd be just a bit better with those songs in it.:tinker:

The first time I visited WDW, Epcot was still EPCOT Center. My dad heard some music once that he referred to as "sounding like Epcot Center music" - and the term ended up sticking. For us, this describes a type of New Age or world music that sounds like it could be mixed in with the music that already gets played at Epcot. Tomorrowland area music has a similar quality as well.

The first time I visited WDW, Epcot was still EPCOT Center. My dad heard some music once that he referred to as "sounding like Epcot Center music" - and the term ended up sticking. For us, this describes a type of New Age or world music that sounds like it could be mixed in with the music that already gets played at Epcot. Tomorrowland area music has a similar quality as well.

Disney did use some New Age music from various artists that wasn't specifically made for the park. Not sure how much of that is still in use at Epcot but it is commonly enjoyed by Disney music buffs. :earsboy:

I listened to this a bunch while at WDW last week because it was SO perfect at night in Epcot and the Boardwalk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter