What Non-Alcoholic Drinks Are On The DDP?

ColleenLovesMinnie

Mouseketeer
:donald: We are planning our trip in Aug. and this will be our first time using the DDP. I understand that a non-alcoholic drink is included with your meals, but is that only water, soda, or milk? I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with other beverages being covered under the plan? We have TS ADR's at 50's Prime Time (I'm pretty sure I will pay OOP for the PB & J milkshake I've heard so much about!), Chef Mickey's for breakfast, Le Cellier, Planet Hollywood, Whispering Canyon, and Hollywood and Vine. I thought I read somewhere that milk shakes were considered OK at WCC, but I'm not entirely sure.

Thanks for any info! :thanks:

I'm sure. The milkshake has, up to now, been included on the dining plan at Whispering Canyon Cafe.

The only drinks you can be sure are included are soda, milk, water, etc. Anything else is pixiedust:

Is milk included at all TS and all CS? or just some of either or both?

The plan includes only one glass of soda or do you can drink all the soda you can??

At CS, it's just one soda. At most (if not all) TS locations, the cost for soda includes free refills.

Refills are included at TS restaurants on things like juice at breakfast, soda, coffee, tea at dinner.

At some TS, people (including me) have been allowed to switch from soda with meal to coffee or tea with dessert. At some places, people have been charged for a second beverage.

Most CS (in the parks) do not have free drink refills. It has been reported that a few do, but I have not personally experienced this. Most CS at the resorts do have free refills.

I know that you can get milk, but I don't know if you can get it refilled.

I know that I got juice and tea at breakfast--no extra charge.

I believe I remember reading about the "juice at breakfast" exception (in that case, an exception where something, juice, was included rather than excluded). I also don't remember any mention of free refills for milk, anywhere.

We were allowed milk at all the TS & CS we ate at - no refills.

The brochure lists Juice at TS breakfast in addition to the regular beverage.

We were able to get the PB & J milkshake at Prime time as our 'drink'. It is the BEST!! :yay: We also drank water. At Ohana's & Boma, you can get a smoothie as your drink. In the past, the servers have been great about asking if you are on the DDP and then telling you what you can have to 'drink'. If not, then ask! :goodvibes

When I was researching restaurants in February the Concourse included smoothies.
I would ask at each restaurant what the current policy is.

Returned on Sunday. It seemed to us every restuarant had it's own rules. We got non-alcoholic Pina coladas and dacquires at O'Hana's but just pop at Coral Reef. We also got smoothies at LeCeiller, but only pop at Spoodles. We never asked, they were always offered if available on the plan. We did get coffee with dessert at no additional charge. Also, CS snacks are small drinks which we didn't know when at Season's food court. We filled large drinks and were told these didn't count but they would put them through anyway. Inconsistencies everywhere we went with the plan. It did not bother us at all though, just be prepareed to be flexible and take whatever the restuarant is willing to give you.

Someone mentioned in another thread that shakes are included at Sci Fi, gonna check it out next week!

A week from right now I'll be waking up at POP! YIPPEE!

The bottomless milk shakes at the Whispering Canyon Cafe were included last summer (DH had 2 refills with dinner)!

Thanks everyone - I guess we'll see what happens when we get there. This is a first for us using the DDP - it seems like a good deal and is allowing us to eat at restaurants we have never been to before. party:

Can you get a bottled or can soda with CS at resort food courts? I'd like to maybe save drink for later, but this wouldn't work with a fountain drink. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter