What most excites you for your next WDW trip? (Virus free thread)

What most excites you for your next WDW trip? (Virus free thread)

• New Ride(s)

Votes: 90 54.5%
  • Guest(s) you're going with

Votes: 62 37.6%
  • Resort/Room

Votes: 56 33.9%
  • Celebration or Milestone

Votes: 28 17.0%
  • Special Tickets, Events, DDP, etc

Votes: 34 20.6%
  • Other

Votes: 22 13.3%

• Total voters
I have been reading threads since yesterday. I learned a lot about the Skyliner, watched a video of Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway, and learned there's more at Epcot that is new then I though. I was going to skip Epcot, but now I am thinking I will buy the 4 Park Magic ticket. That will save me money. I have an old iPad that I used to use mostly only on Vacation, and now I am thinking of turning that in. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good tablet that's not too expensive?

I am super excited for my trip that starts in 10 days (3/14--3/21)! 7 nights at the Contemporary, 8 day park hoppers, Dining Plan, and a rental car (not a fan of Disney buses). Going with my husband, 20 YO son (on his college Spring break), and my 17 YO daughter (senior in HS). Like my son said - we're "ballin' out" on this trip. Last trip was in Oct 2018 for a quick 4 nights, so really looking forward to a longer trip with some down time. Plus it may be one of our last family trips since the kids getting older. And all the new rides!!!
Awesome! I’m staying the same days at Contemporary

This has been an interesting thread to read, thanks OP. So many thoughtful replies.

DW has a girl’s trip planned before my next trip. She’s most looking forward to leaving me with the kids for a few days, lounging around the pool with her friends, and getting to ride MMRR before us. Which she now reminds us about every morning, much to the annoyance of our children (and me). :-)
My WDW girls trip was one of my most fun trips ever (sorry DH and kids lol). I'm sure your wife will have a blast. And let's be honest, we know if she tries for a ROTR BG she will get one...she's the better boarding group getter of you two, right?! ;)

OP, thank you so much for this fun thread! We are really looking forward to our next WDW trip! We are excited to be trying a DAH event at MK. We've never done an extra ticketed event at WDW before, and we've heard such good things about this experience. Additionally, we haven't been in the WDW parks since 2017, so we are really excited to explore Toy Story Land and Galaxy's Edge and all of the new attractions and restaurants connected to these areas.

I wish everyone a magical next WDW trip, and I can't wait to read everyone's responses!

Thanks for a starting such a positive thread!

Looking forward to our 1st stay at AKL (we are a WL family...lol) and to see Galaxy's Edge (fingers crossed we are able to join a BG for ROTR) DD is graduating 8th grade in June so we will be celebrating all of her achievements while she wears her graduation ears around the parks!!

Happy planning everyone! Enjoy your trips!!

I am so looking forward to our upcoming trip the first week in May. We were even able to snag a FP+ for both MMRR and MFSR (different days) and of course I'm psyched to ride RotR again, which we did in December right after it opened.

But just being at WDW! It's getting me through a very tough work week here. Thank you, Mickey!

So many things!

Booked a studio at Poly through a DVC member for six nights in August. The kids (both teens) wanted to stay there, and DVC made it happen without breaking the bank. We're also doing a split stay...staying at another resort for 2-3 nights before Poly, and I'm legit torn between CBR (for the skyliner) and AKL for the wildlife. Wherever we stay at the beginning will be a surprise for the kids.

I'm also looking forward to the new rides. ROTR! Ratatouille! My youngest can't wait to build a lightsaber. My oldest just wants to ride the rides and is looking forward to trying out the more 'thrill' type rides in the the Studios that we didn't try last time (because I am a wimp). The great thing is, some of his coaster-loving relatives will be able to meet us for part of the trip, so he'll be thrilled.

We also have an ADR for Oga's and the Festival of the Lion King package at Tiffins. And if there are After Hours events at AK or MK (or both), I've budgeted so that we can go to at least one if not both. Our main ticket won't have hoppers, and we plan one to two rest days (or half rest days) to just enjoy our resorts.

One new-to-us thing to be excited about is other than a handful of ADRs, we are totally not pre-planning dining. We'll check the app if want a TS meal, do QS if needed, hit up a few lounges, try some less popular places. I'm actually looking forward to doing that!

Last edited:
One new-to-us thing to be excited about it other than a handful of ADRs, we are totally not pre-planning dining. We'll check the app if want a TS meal, do QS if needed, hit up a few lounges, try some less popular places. I'm actually looking forward to doing that!
Sounds wonderful! DDP can be fun but yikes, there's alot of planning to make it worthwhile.

We're doing a split stay starting just a couple nites with heavy planning for DxDDP ADRs, then we move on to 6 nites of Food Freedom to do exactly as you've described. FoLK package at Tiffins and lounges are musts on our list too.

One new-to-us thing to be excited about it other than a handful of ADRs, we are totally not pre-planning dining. We'll check the app if want a TS meal, do QS if needed, hit up a few lounges, try some less popular places. I'm actually looking forward to doing that!

Oh man, you're going to love it. Last January we did a long weekend and one of the best parts of the whole trip was snacking our way around Epcot and deciding late afternoon to see what was available for dinner same-day. We had a wealth of choices.

My sister (17) and I (20s) are going on a short trip at the end of April since we got an All Stars pin code that I just couldn't turn down. The last time we went together was in 2010, but we have each gone almost every year since then - her with my mom, and me with friends/boyfriend. I am SO excited to go together and show her my touring style and introduce her to some new restaurants (waiting for Touring Plans reservation finder to get Ohana!) since we have very different ways of doing Disney. We are also doing a MK after hours party which neither of us have done before so that should be really fun!!! Whatever we do I'm just excited to spend some quality time together since we don't live together or see each other much, and we can take it slow since we've both gone so many times. This weekend I hope to get our Big Sis/Lil Sis shirts complete :)

The new Cirque show is on the docket. Looking forward to catching that.

I'm a big fan of the Flower & Garden Festival--and it will be in full swing during my visit.

I've gotten into a bit of a habit of visiting the same restaurants every visit. I'm going to mix that up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter