• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What most excites you for your next WDW trip? (Virus free thread)

What most excites you for your next WDW trip? (Virus free thread)

• New Ride(s)

Votes: 90 54.5%
  • Guest(s) you're going with

Votes: 62 37.6%
  • Resort/Room

Votes: 56 33.9%
  • Celebration or Milestone

Votes: 28 17.0%
  • Special Tickets, Events, DDP, etc

Votes: 34 20.6%
  • Other

Votes: 22 13.3%

• Total voters
I voted rides! We got to Disney often so it’s always exciting when we have new rides to try. This trip will be ROTR, MMRR, and (hopefully) Ratatouille. Also excited for Space 220 and possibly trying Topolino’s Terrace.

I am going with my two younger sons (I have 4 total) in mid August. The older two are in college so they won't be able to come--but all of us have been to Disney many times, in various combinations of family members.

We will be doing MNSSHP and HOPE we will be able to ride the Mickey's Runaway Railroad ride at HS!

Our next trip is during the Christmas holidays. We tried to go during the holidays 12 years ago, but had a family emergency. We have been spending Christmas with my family since then, in VA or NC.

I can't wait to see everything decorated for the holidays, especially the Wilderness Lodge. WL is DH's favorite resort (I love it too) and I have read so much about how lovely the resort looks for Christmas.

We were just at WDW in July/August and so much has been added since then. I'm not sure we'll try to accomplish all of the new rides during this time, but maybe I'll luck out with a FP or two. I'd like to plan some nice meals as well.

Our last trip was June 2018 so a lot of new things have opened since we were there last (including TSL...we missed that by about a week). This is also an extended family trip so all of our kids, spouses, and our grandchild will be there. While we all see each other at some point every week or so, it's rare that we're all together at once. Crazy schedules make it a challenge for all of us to get together at one time so we're thankful when we can all get together for anything. We're especially excited when everyone's vacation schedules can align and we can all go to Disney together. I'm also looking forward to attending the VAH event at MK for the first time. And we'll be celebrating our son's college graduation. We know it's going to be a crazy busy trip, but we'll make sure to stop and soak up the atmosphere.

We haven't been to WDW since 2017 and even then it was just a short trip before a cruise with MK being the only park we visited. The last time we went to any of the other parks was in 2015 so I am excited to see all the changes and experience new rides. We are bringing our youngest daughter who's 8 and is finally at a better age to do everything . Even though DH is not a huge Disney fan he goes to make me happy and this will be the first time we are celebrating our anniversary (our 24th) at WDW.

I'm going with one of my best friends. She's only gone once, in high school, with her grandparents, and she says they hardly did anything. So this is kind of like trip 1.5 for her. I'm a MEGA PLANNER and she's happy to just follow along with my plans. I'm excited to share the magic with her. I know that's so freaking cheesy, but anyone here will understand!

DH and I are most excited about RotR! I just hope we get a boarding group. I'm also crossing my fingers for a MMRR FP+ when I book next Wednesday morning!

I'm also looking forward to being back at Coronado Springs; we haven't stayed there since our honeymoon.:lovestruc

I eat lots of exotic foods, but somehow I've never had crab legs before. I'm very excited for Cape May Cafe. I've been watching YouTube videos on how to eat crab legs properly. The situation is more low stakes than it would be at a normal seafood restaurant because it's all you can eat. If I don't do everything right on the first batch, I can improve on the second!

As someone who relies on public transportation, I rarely see movies late at night. On my last Disney trip, I saw a horror movie at the AMC in Disney Springs at 10:30 and loved it. Felt totally safe taking the bus back to my resort that late. I know it sounds silly to go to a movie when I came all the way to Disney, but I really enjoyed it. The big theater I was in last time even had a balcony.

Beyond that, I'm excited to ride Spaceship Earth before the refurb and to ride Mickey and Rise.

This has been an interesting thread to read, thanks OP. So many thoughtful replies.

DW has a girl’s trip planned before my next trip. She’s most looking forward to leaving me with the kids for a few days, lounging around the pool with her friends, and getting to ride MMRR before us. Which she now reminds us about every morning, much to the annoyance of our children (and me). :-)

I am super excited for my trip that starts in 10 days (3/14--3/21)! 7 nights at the Contemporary, 8 day park hoppers, Dining Plan, and a rental car (not a fan of Disney buses). Going with my husband, 20 YO son (on his college Spring break), and my 17 YO daughter (senior in HS). Like my son said - we're "ballin' out" on this trip. Last trip was in Oct 2018 for a quick 4 nights, so really looking forward to a longer trip with some down time. Plus it may be one of our last family trips since the kids getting older. And all the new rides!!!

Last edited:
I voted for everything except other. ::yes::

I just turned 50 and dd turns 21 this year. Dh said we could go to Disney. (Even though it is not his thing at all.)
We are staying 6 nights and we've never stayed that long.
We haven't been in three years, so there are lots of new, fun things.
We have also never been to a Halloween party and we are doing that AND we are HUGE Star Wars fans. So many things to be excited about!!! :jumping1:

I haven't been on a Disney trip since 2017. I want to concentrate on all the new stuff. New since I was there last. Every park seems to have something. I know I want be able to do it all, but I am going to read up, and decide on my "musts" before I travel. A long way til I go. My trip should be on November 15-20. I am waiting to book it until I get my tax refund.

I am excited for our next trip because right now the plan is for my whole immediate family to go! That's me, DH, DD 20, DS 17, DS 14. My youngest and I were there in January so we got to do RoTR.

This will be our first trip just the 5 of us. We went in 2010 with another family with kids the same age as our kids (4, 7, 10 at the time). Our 2016 trip included my MIL, FIL (they paid), SIL/BIL and their 2 kids, BIL and his daughter. So a group of 13. I was in charge and it was like herding cats. LOL. DH and I went just the 2 of us in 2017 and 2019. We took the boys in 2018. DD was completely not interested, so we took the boys out of school over Labor Day while she was in her first year of college. She said she didn't want to go this time, either, but has since changed her mind and I am thrilled at the prospect of a family trip!

SO for DD new rides to her will be MFSR, RoTR, MMRR, AS2, SDD, FoP, NRJ. New to DH will be RoTR. New to DS 17 will be MFSR, RoTR, MMRR. New to me and DS 14 will be MMRR.

Also, can I just say, I am so excited that again we have free QSDP and I LOVE IT. 10 days without cooking is DA BOMB. And we really like the freedom of the QSDP, with very few ADRs to tie us down. Plus I LOVE just scanning my Magic Band and going on my way with free food. Bliss. LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter