What months are too cold to swim in Florida

NikNaknJack

Earning My Ears
We are trying to plan a trip to Disney and was wondering what other months other than the summer months are warm enough to swim in FLorida. I don't mind planning our trip for any time of year but I don't want to miss out on the pools, water parks etc.

My kids usually don't swim in Nov, Dec, Jan and Feb. March can be iffy. Sometimes its hot, other years it can be cold.

We are babies about it being too cold though. We have seen MANY people swimming in weather that we are wearing jackets and gloves!

Coming from up north you may be able to stand the cooler weather then us!

We were there last Feb - President's week - and my kids swam - and so did plenty of others. We did have a few days that were quite warm. We dressed in shorts and tanks most of the time. The morning air was a little chilly, but it certainly warmed up beautifully.

I have been in Feb twice & both time I refused to swim because it was too chilly for me. One time I got sick from Spash Mountain.

I think it depends on what the weather is doing because on of those Feb trips my friend went 2 weeks after me & she said it was gorgeous & warm.

When I went in March/April I can not remember swimming each day but I know at night it was too cold to swim.

That is why I plan my trips now for the summer. I need to swim while I am there.

You can def. swim in May, June, July, August, September, and October..you can almost always swim in April...I have in November and December, January and February are out and March is iffy.

My family has been in the pools in all of the "colder" months. It can vary from year to year or even day to day though. For example in Dec. 04 we wore winter coats and gloves all week. In Dec. 05 we were in the pool.:goodvibes

It was like 85 when we were there last Feb. (12-24th). We went to Blizzard beach twice, and I was in the hot tub almost every night after we got back to the hotel. We are from New England though, so for us it is warm enough to swim when it is 65. lol.

Don't rule out February.

Last Feb it was 85 the week before we went. Definitely swimming weather.

The week we were there it was 45-65 (too cold for ME to swim) except for the day we left, which was in the 80's. (we went to Blizzard Beach, intending to leave about 1 Pm. We were still there when the park closed!)

The week after we came home it was back up in the 80's.

In the off months it is usually iffy on what the temp will be but at least you don't have to deal with the humidity and crowds of the summer.

If you are staying at Disney, they heat the pools to 80 degrees daily. Hope this helps!

Disney Dreaming:yay:

We've swam in January and February, but haven't done water parks in those months. One year it was 20 below when we left NY and 40 degrees that night at Disney. We went swimming. The pools are heated. The lifeguards were wearing down vests. But hey, it was 60 degrees warmer for us that night then it had been in the morning!:rotfl:

We are there almost every December and the kids are always in the pool. We did have a couple of days on one one visit that I thought it was too cool, but they seemed fine with the temps.

They are forcasting this to be the hottest year ever due to global warming:eek: So possible year round.:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter