What MK rides should we do at night?

Definitely Jungle Cruise.

Also, I like to hit the dark rides like the Haunted Mansion after dark, because my eyes are already used to the dark, they don't have to adjust, and I can see more detail.

Big Thunder is probably our favorite.

TTA is also great, although, I must admit it often becomes rest-your-feet...and-your-eyes time. ;)

Splash, to some degree Pirates, and probably others are neat at night because in my experience, I see more details. I think it's because instead of coming in from a bright outside and heading into a dark show building, your eyes are already adjusted to the dark. I definitely notice this on Splash, where you board outside and are in and out of the show building throughout the ride.

We are also big fans of both Dumbo & Barnstormer at night - no lines by fireworks time and Dumbo is so pretty now with the lights. When we were there in Feb, we saw Barnstormer listed at 90 minutes - then that night rode it twice, with no one else on the train, back-to-back without exiting the train.

Jungle Cruise
Splash Mountain (Height Restriction)
Big Thunder Mountain (Height Restriction)
Dumbo
TTA/PeopleMover
Astro Orbitor
Aladdin's Magic Carpets

I agree with Robo's list. They are all very different at night.

Definitely Big Thunder. We were there a couple weeks ago and rode it during the day. My kids are older (12 and 15) and while they like it, it certainly isn't the most thrilling ride they have been on. So, there wasn't a huge reaction when we went on it during the day. Later that night, we went on it again as there was no line. They had a blast!! It was so empty, we all had our own row and were sliding all around. We went on it 4 times in a row before the park closed. When they asked to go on it again the next day during the day, I steered them away as I didn't want to ruin the awesome memory from the night before.

Haunted Mansion takes on an entirely different vibe in the dark, with the colored lights on the mansion and the creepy sounds and howls. It's really fun during MNSSHP when there's a lady/spectre sitting on the lawn outside.

People Mover, Big Thunder Mountain, railroad, Dumbo and Jungle Cruise. I really love the People Mover at night.

The people Mover is a real good one. Its usually low lines and if you've been on your feet all day its a nice relaxing break that allows for some decent views.

Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain
Jungle Cruise
That would be my top 3 evening rides at MK.
Others would include:
People Mover
Astro Orbiter
Haunted Mansion
Dumbo

WDW Railroad, Stitch's Great Escape, Hall of Presidents, Swiss Family Treehouse, Tiki Room, Country Bears, Carousel of Progress, Mickey's PhilharMagic, it's a small world

:lmao:

OP - Take an afternoon break after your hardcore rope dropping and ride them all and see which ones YOU like at night! :goodvibes

Oh Wow!!! I have never thought to ride Jungle Cruise at night. It is always the first ride of the day for us and we usually don't make it back to that side of the park for any reason than to get a late night snack of Dole Whip. Will definitely add riding it at night to my must do list!!

I think everyone should stake out a spot on Mainstreet(around Dusk) for SpectroMagic and then remain there for Wishes.....that way I get to go on Thunder Mtn , Haunted Mansion, POTC and jungle cruise with absolutely no wait!!:cool1:

Another vote for Big thunder mountain! It was awesome at night. Haunted Mansion was fabulous as well - but it's fabulous all the time :) I'll have to try Jungle Cruise at night on my next trip!

WDW RR!! I had a chance to hop on it earlier this month in the evening... sooo pleasant!

Jungle Cruise
Splash Mountain (Height Restriction)
Big Thunder Mountain (Height Restriction)
Dumbo
TTA/PeopleMover
Astro Orbitor
Aladdin's Magic Carpets

I totally agree!!

Jungle Cruise takes on an entirely new feel at night. The best one, IMO, is to ride BTM after dark while Wishes is going off. We did this on our first visit after both girls were big enough to ride BTM and it truly is magical with the fireworks going off overhead.

I read on here before our last trip about riding the Jungle Cruise at night and how different it was. We tried it and I was amazed!! We loved it. I don't think we will ever ride during the day again!

We got lucky on this timing, but Astro Orbiter during Wishes was pretty cool! I love People Mover at night. Splash was fun at night too. Haunted Mansion is much spookier at night :thumbsup2 Pirates of the Caribbean, also cool at night.

Yes! They are great at night. :thumbsup2

Something else that I have not seen mentioned here is the Tomorrow Land Speedway. My kids love this at night! It's not near as hot while you wait either.
I know a lot of people don't care for that ride but we love it. :upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter