• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What makes you feel old?

One of my son’s childhood friends just got married. They played in Little League and did school plays together. She’s a year older than my son, but it still makes me feel old to see her all grown up and married!

When someone assumes my daughter (10) is my granddaughter. I hate that!

My brother-in-law retired last week. Seems.hard to believe we're getting close to that.stage of life.

As someone who frequently works with kids and also looks younger than I am, it’s often the people just slightly younger than me that scare me.

I worked a seasonal retail job this past holiday season. Upon closing one evening I said “bada bing bada boom bada Beakman” which was the big line from Beakman’s world.

My coworker a few years younger than me was like I’m sorry what? And that’s when I realized I am old enough for people to not know things and that scared me

When I see how fast our granddaughters are growing up and the fact that our son will be 40 this year. I turn 60 in a couple months. My husband who will be 67 just retired after 40+ years of working at the same church/school and seeing those kids all grown up with kids of their own.

When you are telling a story and say it occurred 20, 30, 40, 50 ... years ago.

My nephew was in town meeting a client. He graduated grad school last year in NC and decided to stay there. I haven't seen him in a very long time. He's now 6'4' and soooo grown up. When I look at him all I can see is the little 4 year old boy at my wedding.

When I learned that State of California legally defines residents of a "Residential Care Facility for the Elderly" as being age 59 or older.
Close second, getting my Medicare card in the mail.

EDITED: Got my first Medicare premium bill in the mail today, just paid it.

Last edited:
Remembering staying at the Poly back in the olden days when the price was < $1,000 per night. You just know that in a few years people will be waxing poetically about when the rooms were < $1,000 per night, when the dining plan was < $250 per person per day, and when park hoppers were < $500 per day per person.

Remembering staying at the Poly back in the olden days when the price was < $1,000 per night. You just know that in a few years people will be waxing poetically about when the rooms were < $1,000 per night, when the dining plan was < $250 per person per day, and when park hoppers were < $500 per day per person.
Or remembering before WDW existed. And park admission was $10 at Disneyland, and you'd keep your eyes peeled hoping to see Walt.

When I hear a song and then realize what I was younger than my kids when it came out.

Sometimes while watching movies or shows, seeing how many actors have aged is always a reminder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter