What Luggage Brand?

I just did another quick check with Delta (most airlines are probably the same) - the maximum size for luggage is 62" - add the Length x Width x Height or else you have to pay oversize baggage charges. Max weight is 50 lbs and as an OP said, it is much easier to creep up to that weight quickly the larger the suitcase. I decided to double check because I remember last year I was going to use my 26" Air Canada Brand suitcase and when I measured everything it was 62 3/4" including the wheels so I didn't want to chance it....I'd really, really double check the 29" to make sure....(luggage stores will tell you ANYTHING you want to hear about airline regulations to sell them but when you get to the airport, you don't want a surprise

Burton bags are the BEST!!! They are built incredibly well,and the best part? The "sub bag" actually zips into 2 seperate self contained suitcases if necessary...so you will never get dinged for being over your weight allowance. (plus it's great for getting it into tight spaces in your trunk!)

Plus they come in great patterns, so they are easy to spot from the crowd.

We have had several pieces of the Delsey Helium luggage for three years now- IMO, you should take it back! Ours looks 20 years old, it frayed, torn, zippers broken, and pilled. And we didn't use it very often. When I started to have problems I googled it and found we werent alone, the line just doesn't hold up.

I had Atlantic for about 8 years, bags were 26" with wheels. They were heavy and with the newer restrictions I replaced that brand with Travelpro. I bought 26" bags with wheels. Love the bags. Airlines and cruiselines beat luggage and this luggage is wonderful. I have Crew6 by Travelpro.

I also own LLBean large size wheeled Adventure Duffels. They do hold a lot and are lightweight. The XL size can get overloaded after reading reviews so I stuck with L.

Duffels are used for items that can get squished and suitcases are when I need to protect items.

Kathy

I had Atlantic for about 8 years, bags were 26" with wheels. They were heavy and with the newer restrictions I replaced that brand with Travelpro.

Kathy

I posted earlier, I've had my Atlantic luggage for 10 years. I've had no problems with it. Unfortunately, it's on the heavy side (even when empty) and am thinking about replacing it. I will look into the Travelpro or Delseys. Thanks for the tips.

I just did another quick check with Delta (most airlines are probably the same) - the maximum size for luggage is 62" - add the Length x Width x Height or else you have to pay oversize baggage charges. Max weight is 50 lbs and as an OP said, it is much easier to creep up to that weight quickly the larger the suitcase. I decided to double check because I remember last year I was going to use my 26" Air Canada Brand suitcase and when I measured everything it was 62 3/4" including the wheels so I didn't want to chance it....I'd really, really double check the 29" to make sure....(luggage stores will tell you ANYTHING you want to hear about airline regulations to sell them but when you get to the airport, you don't want a surprise

I so totally forgot about this rule! Funny my Sister never said anything about it...she just got back from Disney and she has the 35" rolling duffel too. Ugh. Guess I'll send it back and maybe get a 29" just to be safe.

We have had several pieces of the Delsey Helium luggage for three years now- IMO, you should take it back! Ours looks 20 years old, it frayed, torn, zippers broken, and pilled. And we didn't use it very often. When I started to have problems I googled it and found we werent alone, the line just doesn't hold up.

My Sis has had hers now for a little over a year, she goes on multiple business trips per year and just got back from Disney and praises hers to the roof tops. I've read more positive reviews than negative...but you are definitely making me rethink my decision (like it takes much...me and decisiveness...not so simpatico).

L.L. Bean's extra-large rolling Adventure Duffle. We have 3 of them and LOVE them!

I notice that it's over the size requirement for the airports...you ever have any problems?

It seems to me that on a duffel the size requirement would be hard to verify unless it was completely stuffed to the gills. It would be too bendy and squishy to measure compared to a square typical suitcase. Maybe that's why duffels don't seem to be affecting airline size requirements?

I'm trying really hard not to have to send that thing back!

And.....oh Lord....the LL Bean comes in purple!!!

Hmmm...I may have to look into TravelPro. I have read really mixed reviews on the suitcase we bought. I have a 29" Kathy Van Zealand suitcase and have never been over the weight or size limit. I always try to weigh before I go and I put souvies we buy in my carry-on so I don't add extra weight. However, mine is pretty lightweight though. I might need to consider getting my hubby a suitcase that is maybe a 27" or 28" just to be safe.

I used to love Tumi until they changed the warranty now we have the higher end line of Samsonite any bag that has a lifetime warranty is good to me. I will check the warranties on what you are planning to buy.

We travel alot and can pack a weeks worth of clothes and shoes in a carry-on, since all the airlines we fly require baggage fees for checked luggage.

Because we use carry-ons exclusively (everyone in the family has one) we bought the SPINNERs, which are the best when moving about the airport and such. No more pulling luggage through the airport or tripping over the bag! We love them!

I'm going to move this to the theme parks community board.

But before I do, I have to say that I absolutely love my L.L. Bean rolling duffle bag. It's very lightweight, but also very sturdy. It holds tons.

We travel alot and can pack a weeks worth of clothes and shoes in a carry-on, since all the airlines we fly require baggage fees for checked luggage.

Because we use carry-ons exclusively (everyone in the family has one) we bought the SPINNERs, which are the best when moving about the airport and such. No more pulling luggage through the airport or tripping over the bag! We love them!

I must say I totally admire you! There is absolutely no way we could ever pack our stuff in a carry on! I have managed to get down from two checked bags to one, but that's as low as I can hope for. My Sister is still checking two (and brings a third for the trip home).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter