What Luggage Brand?

zuzu310

DIS Veteran
My hubby and I need to purchase a new suitcase for him. Tonight we purchased a 29" Delsey Helium Fusion upright but I am second guessing this purchase. What brand does everyone else use for travel? Looking for something durable but somewhat inexpensive. Thanks!

Travelpro. I was a flight attendant and all the crew members always used Travelpro. I still have mine and it has taken a beating but still looks good. I highly recommend it.

I recently purchased 2 Delseys, Air energy though, and loved them so much went back and got a third (all 26" uprights). Rolled great, zipper seemed durable and most important, I PACKED and I mean PACKED them to the BRIM and STILL they were underweight for flying. Have only used them on 2 trips so can't say how long they will hold up but so far am VERY pleased.

I have a Delsey Helium that I like a lot, but it isn't the 29" - I believe it's a 25". I like it for long trips because the lid is actually a compartment for clothing (like 1/3 of the volume of the suitcase) and it's really lightweight but doesn't feel saggy when it's packed full.

That said, it's a bag I don't use much and I get the feeling if I used it frequently, it wouldn't hold up. One of the corner bumpers tore off the first time I used it and it took Delsey about 3 months to repair it and send it back. It's a pretty good bag, though.

Travelpro does make great bags.

Funny, I just looked up luggage ratings on Consumer Reports. They only ranked carry-on bags, but Tumi, Victorinox, Hartmann, Briggs & Riley and Travel Pro were all ranked above Delsey (in that order), but Delsey Helium Fusion was the CR Best Buy. All these were recommended picks - nothing else ranked was recommended.

I guess we are in a different category - we like inexpensive, yet durable. We generally purchase American Tourister or Swiss. They both hold up for many trips and we certainly get our monies worth!

I've heard Tumi is really good, but never owned any. Just bought some small Heys suitcases because of their durability and price. You may want to check the Heys website--there's a video of a car driving over one of their bags!

Be careful if you plan to fly with the 29" bag. It's not hard to go over the airline weight limit with bags of that size. Also double check the dimensions to verify it doesn't qualify as an oversized bag. If you do decide to take this one back, you might want to look more at 25-26" bags to avoid possible problems like this.

I have a 26" upright made by Atlantic. It's 10 years old and still going. No problems with zippers, wheels, etc.

I guess it all depends how much you fly. Airlines will tear up any suitcase you have, so your best bet will be to go as inexpensive as possible. We treat suit cases as if they're disposable.

My hubby and I need to purchase a new suitcase for him. Tonight we purchased a 29" Delsey Helium Fusion upright but I am second guessing this purchase. What brand does everyone else use for travel? Looking for something durable but somewhat inexpensive. Thanks!

I recently purchased that very same 29" suitecase from Delsey. I also bought the travel bag. I did A LOT of research and found the Delsey line to be the best value. I have used my new luggage twice since purchase and am VERY happy with it. You can certainly buy more expensive luggage but you certainly don't need to. Enjoy!

Penney's has great sales on luggage-all kinds! We bought a set of American Tourister at a great price last year!

I recently purchased that very same 29" suitecase from Delsey. I also bought the travel bag. I did A LOT of research and found the Delsey line to be the best value. I have used my new luggage twice since purchase and am VERY happy with it. You can certainly buy more expensive luggage but you certainly don't need to. Enjoy!

I'm so glad to hear from someone that has the same bag. I know it is kind of close to the airline's 62 in. limit. Ever had problems when checking it at the airport?

I'm so glad to hear from someone that has the same bag. I know it is kind of close to the airline's 62 in. limit. Ever had problems when checking it at the airport?

Nope. So far we have not had any problem with it. We travel quite a bit and Delsey just seemed to have the quality and durability we needed. I'm sure you will love your new luggage just like we do! :)

L.L. Bean's extra-large rolling Adventure Duffle. We have 3 of them and LOVE them!

Based on my sister's recommendations, I just purchased the Delsey Helium Hyperlite 35" Rolling Duffel and the Carry Duffel from Amazon (got a different color than her). I have high hopes. My last luggage has lasted about 12 years but it was monsterously heavy!

I use Briggs & Riley luggage. Although it's not inexpensive, Briggs & Riley is one of the premium luggage brands known for its high quality, durable products. Besides, the unconditional lifetime warranty it offers on its luggage, makes it worth the price!

Travelpro. I was a flight attendant and all the crew members always used Travelpro. I still have mine and it has taken a beating but still looks good. I highly recommend it.

I 100% agree. I have had Travelpro for a numbers of years and taken it on numerous trips and it still looks great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter