What less popular experiences should we seek out in the parks?

If you and your daughter are interested in plants or gardening (or just Living in the Land), you might enjoy the Behind the Seeds tour in The Land in Epcot. The hour-long tour (offered several times each day) takes you through the greenhouses so you learn more than the ride shows you about what's happening in each area. More information is here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/epcot/behind-the-seeds/

Lots of good ideas so far!

Has your DD tried to pull the sword from the stone by the carousel at MK?

Have you made your own T-shirts at Disney Springs?

Some of the resorts have little classes where you make things as well, and AKL does a restaurant tour.

Have you explored The campground? You can visit even if you are not staying there, and even go horseback riding!

Also, I'm sure you've done Hidden Mickeys before, but did you know there are Hidden Pascals? - It's a little game in the garden area near the Tangled bathrooms at MK:

MK - another vote for the Dapper Dans, love the morning Trolley show (just makes me happy) and the Flag Retreat is something to experience if you haven't already.
AK - I love the Tree of Life Awakenings (much more than the Rivers of Light show!). Also, late afternoon we like to just take in all the music around the park and have a snack and a dance or two.

AK & Epcot have their own interactive game/hunt type interactions, too. AK has Wilderness Explorers and Epcot has a Perry the Platypus (Agent P) one that is going to be (or has already been--not sure which!) revamped to a Duck Tales theme instead.

Also, Hidden Mickey hunting!

We have been going for over 35 years and yet to do everything there is to do. Each trip (sometimes I've taken 3 a year) we try to do something we haven't done or haven't done in at least 5 years. We never had any problems coming up with things to do. I love riding the Mark Twain, watching all the street performers in all the parks, doing the walking trail around Tree of Life in AK. We like to grab a drink and sit on a bench in the countries in WS in Epcot and look at the details. It always leads to one of asking wonder what that is and the other (usually my son) getting on their phone and looking things up. We once sat a hour in front of the Italy pavillion figuring out who all the statues on top of the buildings were. We love just walking around all the parks and exploring paths.

We like to get breakfast at the bakery in the France pavilion in Epcot. It isn't well known that it opens at 9am, well before the official 11am opening time of the world showcase. We grab croissants, pastries, cheese, etc. then get a champagne flight from the wine shop. We love sitting at the bistro tables and enjoying a relaxing Parisian breakfast.

did you know there are Hidden Pascals? - It's a little game in the garden area near the Tangled bathrooms at MK:
Shut UP....my DD loves Rapunzel.....are there really more than just that one?? We will have to check this out!! Wish they’d made her tower a diorama like the castle at DL.

The Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular. Super fun, especially if you a) like Indiana Jones and b) get someone from your group in the show (just scream and jump and point when they ask)
I love the Indy show! I’ve been a volunteer 3 times, lol. Maybe we will try that again.

AK & Epcot have their own interactive game/hunt type interactions, too. AK has Wilderness Explorers and Epcot has a Perry the Platypus (Agent P) one that is going to be (or has already been--not sure which!) revamped to a Duck Tales theme instead.

Also, Hidden Mickey hunting!
Agent P was one of DD’s favs last time we were there. We are a bit sad it’s changing, but we will definitely do the new version.

I also haven’t done the Pirate Adventure that many of you have mentioned—that sounds right up our alley!

Lots of good ideas so far!

Has your DD tried to pull the sword from the stone by the carousel at MK?

Have you made your own T-shirts at Disney Springs?

Some of the resorts have little classes where you make things as well, and AKL does a restaurant tour.

Have you explored The campground? You can visit even if you are not staying there, and even go horseback riding!

Also, I'm sure you've done Hidden Mickeys before, but did you know there are Hidden Pascals? - It's a little game in the garden area near the Tangled bathrooms at MK:
View attachment 461494
I have found many a Mickey, and there were hidden Forkys at Tokyo Disneyland last summer, but not Pascals, so we will be on the lookout!
The AKL restaurant tour is a must do for us each trip to the World. We love Boma, but can’t always afford to squeeze that in, so the tour is a nice consolation prize. I highly recommend that to everyone!

If you and your daughter are interested in plants or gardening (or just Living in the Land), you might enjoy the Behind the Seeds tour in The Land in Epcot. The hour-long tour (offered several times each day) takes you through the greenhouses so you learn more than the ride shows you about what's happening in each area. More information is here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/epcot/behind-the-seeds/
Added to the itinerary! I’ve always wanted to do that tour and DD has agreed :). Thanks for the reminder about that option.

We like to get breakfast at the bakery in the France pavilion in Epcot. It isn't well known that it opens at 9am, well before the official 11am opening time of the world showcase. We grab croissants, pastries, cheese, etc. then get a champagne flight from the wine shop. We love sitting at the bistro tables and enjoying a relaxing Parisian breakfast.

Hold up! I was determined to get macarons in France on my last trip in December 2018 (first visit in 13 years) - it after the Candlelight Processional, it was packed and my DD, barely 2, was done.

We are now DVC members going back in July, and I was going to steal a morning to hit Frozen at rope drop. I figured the French bakery was not open until 11! So after Frozen we can go to France and eat breakfast??

Shut UP....my DD loves Rapunzel.....are there really more than just that one?? We will have to check this out!! Wish they’d made her tower a diorama like the castle at DL.

WHERE are these bathrooms? Do they have the photo op every night?

There are a lot of great ideas so I'll just add a small one. If you're facing Cinderella Castle, on the left side of Main Street at the very beginning is the haberdashery where they sell Mickey ears. If you go there, there is a phone that you can pick up and hear the conversations happening from all over Main Street. A fun detail that most people don't know about.

Hold up! I was determined to get macarons in France on my last trip in December 2018 (first visit in 13 years) - it after the Candlelight Processional, it was packed and my DD, barely 2, was done.

We are now DVC members going back in July, and I was going to steal a morning to hit Frozen at rope drop. I figured the French bakery was not open until 11! So after Frozen we can go to France and eat breakfast??

Yes, and if any CM's happen to ask or steer you back, just tell them you're headed to France for breakfast.

WHERE are these bathrooms? Do they have the photo op every night?
Walk past Small World like you are heading to Haunted Mansion and you'll see the area; they are where the old Skyway was if you remember that. All those ops are subject to change, but yes, it's usually there after dusk from what I've read.

At MK - enjoy the details, especially around Main Street and the hub. If the horses are out and pulling that day, take a ride from just outside the train station to the hub.

At EP - create your own Taste experience. Try different snacks and/or drinks along the World Showcase.

At HS - there is so much new there right now but if you want a break, we love to sit outside the ABC restaurant and just people watch.

At AK - visit Pandora both during the day and at night. Visually, it is 2 different experiences and I think a lot of people overlook that.

So after Frozen we can go to France and eat breakfast??
Yes, and if any CM's happen to ask or steer you back, just tell them you're headed to France for breakfast.
Just FYI, if it's not 11 AM yet when you leave Frozen you'll have to go back past Mexico, Canada and Great Britain to get to France. The section of World Showcase between France and Norway is roped off until 11.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter