What kinds of restaurants would like to see at Disneyland or Disney World?

Ok, here are some I can suggest:
  • Disneyland
    • Tianna's Place, complete with music and all
  • DCA
    • Something along the lines of Sci-Fi, but cars themed in Radiator Springs
    • Muppets themed restaurant and a new Muppets themed show nearby
  • Magic Kingdom
    • To replace Village Haus with a sit down restaurant that has different food from allaofothe countries represented in small world. I would envision these as smaller plates that you pick two or three of to make up your entree to taste food from different countries
  • Hollywood Studios
    • Again, a Muppet themed sit down restaurant would be nice
    • A rotating restaurant (think Garden Grill) that takes you through a progression of movie tech and styles through the years, starting with silent films in black and white and by the end of the meal you are in the present day.
  • EPCOT
    • This first part isn't the restaurant, but is important to the concept, reimagine the imagination pavilion to include Phineas and Ferb and bring back Dreamfinder (keeping Figment of course). Then Phineas and Ferb open an imagination themed restaurant where everything is unique and creative.
  • Animal Kingdom
    • Build an Australian/New Zealand section of the park and have an Australian/New Zealand themed restaurant
    • Build a South American section fo the park and have appropriate restaurants (be sure to include Up in this section of the park of course)
Just a few ideas off the top of my head and I wouldn't mind if Disney used any or all of them, lol.

In all seriousness, please share ur ideas with an Imagineer. They are Fantastic!!!

I would love an all-natural restaurant. Someplace with no artificial ingredients of any kind. And if it leaned heavily towards healthier foods (with perhaps more plant-based options than typically found in Disney restaurants) as well, that would be a bonus. Of course, I know I'm sitting on a pretty lonely bench with that wish! :)
I would like to see all food and drinks everywhere (not just at Disney) be 100% all natural and GMO free. Of course sales would decrease because natural and GMO free foods tends to be more filling as your body needs less to get the proper nutrition.

As for more plant based options, Disney has been adding a lot lately and I an ok with that as long as it doesn't mean removing the meat based options. Although one issue that I know some are having with some of the newer plant based options is that they are using things like Impossible Burgers which for many people who don't eat beef does a little too good of a job at simulating it and as a result they are unable to eat it without being grossed out, but they are a good option for those who want to reduce their meat consumption.

At bare minimum, I would like to see Disney switch to a vegan gelatin, as products with gelatin are never properly labeled as containing beef or pork and that is an issue for many people, not just vegans and vegetarians, but also for religious reasons for many. And there are things you wouldn't think contain gelatin, like Zebra Domes, some cheesecakes, etc.

At EPCOT, I love most of the TS. As for Garden Grill, I have liked it when I have eaten there in the past and honestly I wouldn't ever order a birthday cake, especially at an all you care to enjoy location like Garden Grill.

Cosmic Ray's is at MK, I was specifically referring to HS not having decent counter service.
Disney has a central service for birthday cakes and they are supposed to be delivered at the restaurant and at the time you have reservations. You may also have it delivered to you resort room. It is not a cake from the restaurant itself but delivered to the restaurant. It never showed from WDW Birthday Cake Central.

Disney has a central service for birthday cakes and they are supposed to be delivered at the restaurant and at the time you have reservations. You may also have it delivered to you resort room. It is not a cake from the restaurant itself but delivered to the restaurant. It never showed from WDW Birthday Cake Central.
I get that, I just wouldn't have it delivered to an all you care to enjoy restaurant as no one would enjoy the cake after all of that food. Hopefully you got your money back since it never showed.

I get that, I just wouldn't have it delivered to an all you care to enjoy restaurant as no one would enjoy the cake after all of that food. Hopefully you got your money back since it never showed.
If it was all you can eat then I don’t remember that we ate much. The big highlight was Chip and Dale by our table with the twins. We got some super photos that I keep on my phone and enjoy looking at periodically.

If it was all you can eat then I don’t remember that we ate much. The big highlight was Chip and Dale by our table with the twins. We got some super photos that I keep on my phone and enjoy looking at periodically.
Garden Grill is indeed all you care to enjoy, you just have to ask for more if you want.

I think it’s criminal Tiana doesn’t have a restaurant anywhere. I know there’s the cruise ships, but I would love one in the parks or POFQ if they ever decide to bring a TS back to that resort.

Relatedly, I always thought it was weird that despite all the celebrity chefs in Disney Springs, Emeril doesn’t have a concept there. I remember an episode of his Florida show when he went to Homecomin.

I think it’s criminal Tiana doesn’t have a restaurant anywhere. I know there’s the cruise ships, but I would love one in the parks or POFQ if they ever decide to bring a TS back to that resort.

Relatedly, I always thought it was weird that despite all the celebrity chefs in Disney Springs, Emeril doesn’t have a concept there. I remember an episode of his Florida show when he went to Homecomin.
I’ve been saying for a while: turn Boatwright’s into Tiana’s Place.

Whaaaaaaa?! The fact that the building's exterior design was inspired by an artichoke isn't enough for you? Sheesh, people want so much:D.
I suspect the veggie will show up as a tapas offering in time; it certainly has at the DC branch:).

And I'll be all over it!

I think what I really want is a Spanish tapas bar. Jaleo and Toledo have tapas, but they're both pretty upscale. I would like to see a more everyday/less fancy sort of restaurant.

An Aladdin table service restaurant in Morroco. An interactive carsland table service restaurant. Star Wars table service. Up themed restaurant high up in the air.

You missed my point. I was saying that I wish HS and MK had the kind of wonderful variety that can be found at AK, EPCOT, and several of the resorts. I wasn’t saying there was a lack of diversity on property overall, just in those two parks.

I freely admit that I am not Disney’s target customer. I typically visit with other adults and none of us have kids. We are mostly from the NYC area and are used to a wider range of options wherever we go.

I very much agree with your other comment about the menus becoming more homogenous. I noticed this with Jiko specifically.

I was shocked during my last visit when I visited Sanaa for the first time. It’s supposed to be an Indian restaurant, but there was a steak on the menu.

Beef? At an Indian restaurant? I mean come on!
Not plain old steak, but I've made a couple of dishes from south India that do amazing things with beef! :)

Not plain old steak, but I've made a couple of dishes from south India that do amazing things with beef! :)
And Wanna is actually African/Indian fusion, not strictly and Indian restaurant or an African restaurant.

Speaking of Port Orleans, how about opening a true Cafe du Monde location for beignets. They can still make them Mickey shapes especially for Disney, but they can be served alongside their famous coffee with chicory and the hot chocolate, just like they do at their main NOLA location.

Ok, here are some I can suggest:
  • Disneyland
    • Tianna's Place, complete with music and all
  • DCA
    • Something along the lines of Sci-Fi, but cars themed in Radiator Springs
    • Muppets themed restaurant and a new Muppets themed show nearby
  • Magic Kingdom
    • To replace Village Haus with a sit down restaurant that has different food from allaofothe countries represented in small world. I would envision these as smaller plates that you pick two or three of to make up your entree to taste food from different countries
  • Hollywood Studios
    • Again, a Muppet themed sit down restaurant would be nice
    • A rotating restaurant (think Garden Grill) that takes you through a progression of movie tech and styles through the years, starting with silent films in black and white and by the end of the meal you are in the present day.
  • EPCOT
    • This first part isn't the restaurant, but is important to the concept, reimagine the imagination pavilion to include Phineas and Ferb and bring back Dreamfinder (keeping Figment of course). Then Phineas and Ferb open an imagination themed restaurant where everything is unique and creative.
  • Animal Kingdom
    • Build an Australian/New Zealand section of the park and have an Australian/New Zealand themed restaurant
    • Build a South American section fo the park and have appropriate restaurants (be sure to include Up in this section of the park of course)
Just a few ideas off the top of my head and I wouldn't mind if Disney used any or all of them, lol.

Love your ideas! So creative. I’d love to see a Tianna themed place!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter