What kind of top mattress do you sleep on?

Kitty 34

Hums in her sleep
I will preface and say YES we have had the same top mattress on the bed for over 15 years. :blush:

Well, my oldest son gave us a queen size bed that they only used for a couple of weeks until they got some California giant king size mattress. So the mattress they gave us is some kind of pillow top thing and very high off the floor.

So (TMI to some) I feel like I'm climbing out of a hole to only jump off the cliff every time I go to the bathroom in the night. And then when morning comes I'm so nestled in it takes me about 15 minutes to talk myself into getting out of the mattress and off the bed, because I'm sooooo cozy!

At this moment I have a major love/hate affair with the mattress. DH really doesn't really care cuz he's in the mancave. I've had the bed for only a few days. I hope I get use to it or I will bring in our full size spare room bed.

So what do you sleep on?? :angel:

I don’t have a separate one as our bed came with a pillow top built in, but it’s such a comfortable bed! We always miss it when we’re on vacation. I’ve heard it takes a full month to get used to a new bed. I’ve found this to be true. So give it some time :)

I still have a waterbed that I've had since the 80s. I'm on my fourth mattress for it, but it's still the same bed. My parents bought it for me, and I just kept it. I love it, especially these frigid January nights. I have an insulating blanket (which is actually a thin, plain comforter) on it, and then sheets over it, and it's perfect for me. Then I pile on a couple comforters on top of me, and I'm practically hibernating.

Actually, my parents got rid of their waterbed mattress, converted the bed frame to have a regular pillowtop mattress... and that lasted a few years until they went out and got a waterbed mattress and bedrails again because they couldn't stand how lumpy, "dented" with their body shapes, and just uncomfortable it was after a short time.

I can't speak to the pillow top, but when my mom bought a new mattress in 2012 and she complained about how high it was. Mind you, the mattress she replaced was 50 years old! The store said mattresses are taller now, so they now offer shorter box springs. Standard box springs are 9" tall, but they also offer 5 and 6" box springs to compensate for the taller mattresses. They came out and swapped out the standard box spring for the shorter one and she was happy.
2014 my wife and I replaced our mattress and we asked about which box spring we should get, and the salesperson said most mattresses these days don't need a box spring, and it is just personal choice. We in the past had purchased the firmest mattress we could find, and this salesperson did a great job showing us why we might want to go with one that was a little softer. She had us lay on about 20 mattresses and after 4 years of sleeping on it, I have to say she was right. But we too noticed how much higher it is. And we replaced the mattress in our guest room, and one of our friends had to use a step stool to get into bed!

I have the a queen size Tempurpedic Cadillac line. All the bells and whistles. I paid $4000 for it. I bought is for health reasons and it has been worth every penny. Should have it for the next 30yrs plus.

I have a pillowtop in one room and recently got a pillowtop/memory foam hybrid mattress for the other. I honestly just went into the mattress store and told them to point me to the softest mattress they had. Then I throw a down mattress pad on it because I need to sleep completely cocooned in goose butt lol.

My bedroom is most definitely not feather free.

memory foam......love it. It's probably 15 years or so old, so we are looking for a new one....and it will be replaced with another memory foam, but maybe on a sleep number bed

I have a pillow top on top of a firm mattress. I’m not a huge fan of it but it’s what I ended up with.

Mine is a pretty firm mattress, upon which I use a Novaform topper. It's perfection now. Was too hard before. I do like it very supportive underneath. The top needs to be cushy though!

I have a memory foam mattress. No boxspring. Just the metal bed frame. The mattress is still very tall. I can't imagine what it would be like if we had a boxspring. My feet already can't touch the ground. But I do love my mattress. It's so comfortable. I too have to fight with myself day daily to part from it.

Zinus brand memory foam mattress, which doesn't need a box spring when placed on their bed frame. Both mattress and frame were ordered from Amazon, cost me less than $200 with free delivery and honestly the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on.

Not sure what kind of mattress I have but know it is not a pillowtop.
I did have a full size with kinda cheap mattress that was beginning to sag a little in the middle but last week my son traded his new (well about a year old) king size bed to me for my full size for his stepson & girlfriend to sleep on since all they had was a twin bed that actually belonged to my ex who was sleeping on the king that I now have but wanted his smaller bed back for health & mobility issues as the king is very high and he has lost so much strength it wore him out getting in & out of bed.
It is a very nice bed but I had to scrounge up a king size sheet for it. I bought more sheets today & tomorrow I have to take the sheet on it off & wash those along with the new ones AND spray that mattress with Odo Ban cause my son & my ex both smoke & this entire week the bed has smelled like cigarette smoke. Not my favorite smell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter