What kind of souvenirs do you guys bring home?

Pressed pennies are the big thing for us. Our trip last week, we finally got one from every Epcot country, except UK which was broken:( We like to have one for rides we like, each land or park, restaurants we ate at, hotels we stay at or visit, and characters we like. We don't try to get all of them from each press, just the ones that provide memories of our trip.

We also get candy and chocolate. DS usually buys stuffed animals or pillow pets.

I like t-shirts, Christmas ornaments and jewellery. My DS usually likes to get a stuffed toy and usually something Star Wars related.

Not much lately. I've downsized most of my souvenir shopping especially as Disney Parks merchandise has become so generic. And I was never much of a collector. Maybe I'll get an interesting tee or sweat shirt on occasion. I definitely spend less than $100 on souvenirs these days. I don't consider anything edible (snacks like candy, baked goods, popcorn etc) or bottled water souvenirs. I'm taking about stuff I would bring home. Less than $100...

I can not leave until I have a Resort we stay in coffee cup and pin. DD rode ToT for the first time so, she got a shirt and pin.

Kids pick clothes and some stuffies. We normally get some kitchen stuff too. DH gets a new hat.

We always get a dated Christmas ornament and one or two pins (usually represents something new in the parks or an event going on at the time or this year we might get a few attraction pins as DD is finally 40 inches, etc.). This year we will get our youngest DD her first pair of ears. Sometimes we will buy artwork or a coffee mug but not every trip.

I've found the last few trips we bring home very little. The prices on souvenirs just seems to have gone through the roof! I saw a cute throw at Fort Wilderness and it was $75! The last throw I bought a few years ago was only like $15 with a purchase, $25 tops.

We did buy one of those mystery bags from DTD this past trip. Sadly it didn't have anything good. :(

When our boys were small, we bought so much - I couldn't begin to list it all, but think toys/plushes/clothes/posters - all the stuff that kids are attracted to. We now buy one article of clothing each (usually a tee, but it can be anything that the family member chooses). We also buy cups/mugs as they are useful and remind us of our time together in WDW.

I almost always come back with some Disney/Star Wars crossover merchandise. Love the SW Mickey ears, and I hope they keep coming out with different characters.

We always get at least one Christmas ornament with date, to remember that particular trip, and then maybe 1-2 more, depends on what strikes our fancy. I am after the starbucks mugs, as that addiction is my only other one besides Disney. Then we go from there. Since daughter is 14 almost 15 now, she is saving up her own money earned for things above and beyond. In years past, we always found things from Disneyland(we used to live in Nevada) and then WDW, to give at Christmas.

Editing to add, in Epcot, we always stock up on the cone shaped incense, since we have an authentic German incense burner we purchased in Germany , and it is very difficult to find those anywhere else.

Last fall I bought a CD with the MNSSHP music - Boo to You, HalloWishes, and the Villains Mix and Mingle, as well as Dream Along With Mickey and some other stuff. Love it! I also buy an ornament with the year on it. Lately I've been really into Alex and Ani bracelets, I have four or five Disney World ones now.

MUGS. I brought home like 15 mugs and that includes a few of the Alice in Wonderland tea cups during my last trip. I mostly collect Alice stuff so I usually like to grab anything that is just Alice. I also collect magnets from each year I go. My family collects magnets of places we've been to so I've started that with Disney! Other than that, I'll grab a little something related to my favorite princesses like the park exclusive dolls or other little trinkets as well as something Haunted Mansion related. I just like stuff. :blush:

I pick up one new coffee mug on each trip. We also like to do pressed pennies throughout the parks and at the resorts. We have a pressed penny book that we put them all in. DH usually looks for a new t-shirt or sweatshirt to add to his collection.

And now that Disney parks also have Alex & Ani bracelets, I have been collecting those as well (one per trip). I have California Adventure Park and Hollywood Studios Park (with the hat!).

On a previous trip, I didn't buy anything thinking I could buy Disney Park items online. I never realized how few things from the park are on the Disney Store website.

So, this trip I bought a pretty ornament, Laila perfume in Norway, a puzzle, and earrings at the shop connected to POTC.

Pins (just two or three tops), an autograph book that I use as a journal, a photo album with the year on it and now I'll be getting Pandora charms. Previously it was Charmilla beads.

I usually get a hoodie , magnet, pin and something for the kitchen that isn't too obviously Disney. I'm still kicking myself for not getting the Alice in Wonderland tea set from the Villains store the last time we were there. I usually don't go for something so obvious but I fell in love with that set for some reason.

DH gets his usual hat, hoodie, pin and a sign or license plate for his garage. DD goes for the bling with at least one necklace, bracelet , ring, pin and ornament. We also buy her a different style of Mouse Ears every trip that gets hung on her bedroom wall.

Blown glass ornaments from the shop in Germany - usually birds.

Rice crispie squares from Germany with the chocolate and caramel top.

Not really a souvenir person, but we do pressed pennies and my husband is obsessed with obtaining full sets of the free SOMK cards (we don't purchase any).

T-Shirts! I always get T-Shirts. We look at our photos after our vacation and I don't like to see myself in the same shirts every trip. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter